Mini Shu Uemura + Laura Mercier Haul

I had a $50 giftcard to Neimans that expired on the 18th and since Shu Uemura was going to be pulled from the store soon, I decided to look at the line to see if there was anything I could find. I found two shadows that I didn’t recognize in IR Brown 850 and P Purple 781, and to reach the $50 minimum for my gift card, I decided on one of the new Laura Mercier summer lipglosses in Glistening Sand. I also had a few cards I received in the mail for a mini Rouge Coco in Legende and a mini DiorShow. I had received the cards in the mail about a month ago – but they didn’t get their samples in until recently.

Laura Mercier has 3 featured glosses for the summer collection: Glistening Sand (a beige with gold sparkles), Bon Bon (repromote, a bright salmon coral pink), and another bright coral (forget the name). She reformulated her bronzers with a wave-like pattern, but as far as I could tell they looked the same as the older ones. There were also 3 new eyeshadows which I neglected to pay attention to, one was a teal, the others were golden. Glistening Sand seems pretty sheer unfortunately – but it will be pretty over other beigey-nude lipsticks. (I don’t test glosses at the counter for sanitary reasons.)

The Shu Uemura eyeshadows have good pigment when applied over a base or with a damp brush. IR Brown 850 is a taupe with a slight greenish tinge on my skin. P Purple 781 is a matte purple-brownish base with silver micro-sparkles.

Eyeshadows are swatched wet (with a damp brush) and dry:

Minis: DiorShow Mascara + Chanel Legende Rouge Coco

All in all, not bad for $15!

Comments

1. April 19, 2010 / 8:24 am

The Shu uemura shadows are super pretty! I tested out the P purple last week but wasn't sure if i should get it or not. I think its a new color. =)

2. April 19, 2010 / 8:47 am

lina, do you have the highly-raved ME BROWN 850? would you compare ME BROWN 850 vs. IR BROWN 850 swatches side-by-side? TIA! 🙂

3. April 19, 2010 / 10:31 am

I'm loving those eyeshadows! Amazing difference in applying them wet and dry!! Wow!
    When you apply your eyeshadows wet do you use water or a mixing medium? If the latter, which one do you use?

4. April 19, 2010 / 3:38 pm

Love the colors. Yes, ironically I had the same question as Michelle in regards to using a damp brush. Inquiring Minds want to know hahaha

I finally used my Sephora 15% discount coupon – I bought Philosophy Help Me retinol treatment and rollerball of my fav Fresh scent, Citron de Vigne – could have done further damage but stopped myself right there!

5. April 19, 2010 / 4:11 pm

Gorgeous haul! I especially love the eyeshadows!

6. April 20, 2010 / 6:30 am

Ooh, lovely haul! I am trying to keep myself from buying Shu shadows…

7. April 20, 2010 / 8:34 am

nice haul! the shu uemura shadows are so pretty! i especially like how P Purple looks when it's wet 😀 xx

8. Lindsey
    April 20, 2010 / 2:23 pm

Wow, I had never thought to try my Shu e/s wet! For anyone who's having trouble finding IR 850, I find it very similar (maybe identical) to Mac Smoke and Diamonds and Stila Diamond Lil.

9. April 20, 2010 / 5:40 pm

love the colors you got! They are perfect for all year round. I really want to try that gloss, it looks like the perfect color!

10. April 22, 2010 / 4:59 am

Oh, I love P Purple 781! Such a pretty color on my skin. Great haul for $15. 🙂

11. April 29, 2010 / 1:58 am

Hi Anya – I will feature your request soon!