I was lucky to get a first hand sneak peek of one the SEVI Linen Towels – it has a lightweight soft and fluid texture. I wish I had this for my Europe trip. It rolls up into a compact roll and makes the perfect coverup for the beach.
Sephora Summer Surge Beauty Insider VIB Rouge EventAugust 4, 2014
- VIB Rouge Gift Bag with $35 Purchase (contents shown in above detail photo)
- Amore Pacific Natural Protector SPF 30 – sample 1 ml packet
- Sephora Age Defy Moisture Cream SPF15 – sample 2 ml packet
- Glam Glow Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment – sample 3 g packet
- Glam Glow Brightmud Eye Treatment – sample 1 g packet, we were told this is supposed to be the best for reducing puffy eyes and brightening the under eye area with 6 different caffeines
- Glam Glow Powermud Dual Cleanse Treatment – sample 3 g packet – I tried this last night and it stung for 1 minute, afterwards the stinging went away and it seemed to by gentle yet effective, will report more on these after testing more
- Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer – 5 ml sample
- Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Treatment – deluxe 10 g tube
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 Styling Cream – 10 ml sample packets
- Make Up For Ever HD Powder – Beauty Insider 100 point perk
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner in Ro(coco) – Beauty Insider 100 point perk
- The Original Beautyblender (purchase)
- YSL Volupte Sheer Candy 15 and Gloss Volupte 10 (purchase)
- Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Treatment (purchase)
- SK-II Facial Treatment Cleanser (purchase)
- Living Proof No Frizz Smoothing & Frizz Fighting Travel Kit (purchase)
Latest Discoveries From Burberry: Copper Lip Mist, Blush Lip Gloss, Midnight Black EyeshadowJune 1, 2011
I have a few comparison shots for your reference. I did not have time to swatch them all though and most likely will not be swatching in the near future due to time constraints.
Friday Window ShoppingMay 14, 2011
For those wondering, all pics in this particular post were taken with my iPhone which I believe is the very first generation of iPhones. I’m one you would call a “late adopter” of technology and rarely upgrade on new gadgets unless pushed (my regular Sony camera is after all more than 5 years old). Although, when I do, I have to say, I love to oooh and aahhh at all the fancy features and often wonder why I didn’t change sooner.
Back on topic – who makes your favorite window displays?
Still, we were just not sure what to expect. The products definitely looked natural, very much along the lines of what I love. But was it going to be too natural? We discussed the prices: $29 for a “sheer” eyeshadow? We were a bit skeptical. The promotional images I had seen in magazines left me thinking “boring.” However, after an morning of swatching, testing, comparing and browsing, I’m pleased to report that the line exceeded my expectations (especially the eyeshadows). The packaging is simply stunning. Classic and modern both at the same time. The etching of the Burberry print on the packaging and the actual product is done with exquisite detail. I like that the lipsticks have a magnetic click to keep them shut. We each did some major damage and had so much fun. The products are definitely more special and pretty in person than what you see in photos (mine included).
I’ll separate my reviews into different sections, starting with the eyeshadows. We were not brave enough to go in and out of the store to swatch & photograph everything, but both verbally acknowledged and admired Karla’s bravery for doing so every week. How amazing is she?
The Sheer Eyeshadows come in 20 different shades and appeared to have 3 different types of finishes from what we looked at: full matte (such as Taupe Brown), glowy (semi-matte and semi-iridescent such as Trench, Almond, Gold Trench), and iridescent (such as Rosewood, Midnight Blue and Midnight Plum). NOTE that these are my own observations. There was no distinguishing label on any of the colors.
The colors are a bit deceiving in two ways:
2) The name “Sheer Eyeshadow” is not really descriptive of these eyeshadows. Both Diane and I were surprised. I didn’t expect to be wowed, but one swipe and you get full pigment. They blend beautifully for a soft but not-too-natural eye. They are truely eye enhancers. There are some beautiful blues, rose colors and plums. All have amazing pigment. Don’t let the name fool you. Even the pale shades are very pigmented. I had my eye on Trench which appeared to be a boring eggshell-nude color. It was absolutely stunning on my skin.
I haven’t had a chance to wear these for a full day to see how long they last. They are incredibly smooth and soft, but not too powdery like some soft shadows can be (like NYX in my experience, which I love, but tend to break easily on me). In my experience, Urban Decay has the smoothest most pigmented shadows out of all the brands I’ve tried. The Burberry has a similar texture and pigment. They’re just a lot more natural and less frosty.
What else did we get? I got a few lipsticks, glosses and a blush which will be reviewed soon. Check out Diane’s blog Orange2LA.com for her take. Her review is now up on her blog here. After our Burberry adventure, we went to look for the new Guerlain Fall palettes. Some of you have already asked me if I’ll be getting one. We found them at Saks and our wallets are extremely happy to report that we both passed and weren’t the slightest bit tempted. They are pretty. Just not worth the price. We both agreed there’s a limit, even for beauty junkies like us. $84 could be stretched a lot farther with other brands. We would both rather buy more Paul & Joe or Burberry instead.
*All work is copyrighted.*
South Coast Plaza Hearts Bloggers EventJune 24, 2010
NY, but still chic and cute):
(but I purchase mine at Bath & Body Works):
Diane has also written an article on the event. Check out her fabulous blog and article here at Orange2LA.com.