Last week I had one of those days where I had a million things to do during the day with no time to stop by home before a special occasion dinner. I packed my car with my laptop, papers, textbooks, backpack, purse, a change of clothes and an extra pair of shoes (to transition from day to night) but neglected to pack my makeup bag and brushes to touch up.
Luckily, I had my Edward Bess Compact Rouge in Island Rose (for lips/cheeks) and a mini Diorshow mascara tucked away in my backpack which was enough to freshen my look a bit. But it made me realize I needed to put together an emergency beauty kit to keep in my car for those times I need a last-minute touch up or days I forget to bring my makeup bag with me.
I looked to one of my favorite beauty books by Trish McEvoy “The Power of Makeup” for her tips on what to include in a beauty emergency kit. This is what I put together for my own using my trusty quilted planner:
- Trish McEvoy Power of Makeup Simply Chic Page (Pink Innocence Lip + Cheek, Nude Innocence Lip + Cheek, Golden Peach AOC, Peony Pink Blush, Sand/Pink Shimmer/Snow/Blackberry Eyeshadows)
- Laura Mercier Eyemakeup Remover
- Edward Bess Love Always Deep Shine Lipgloss
- NARS Luxor Multiple
- Diorshow Mini Mascara
- MAC Fix + (travel size)
- Chanel DPF Compact
- Chanel Spices Quadra Eyeshadow
- MAC Cremestick Lipliners in Sublime Culture and Beurre
- Chanel Ebene Waterproof Eyeliner
- Laura Mercier Brown Copper Eye Kohl
- Chantecaille Crystalline Gloss
- Shu Uemura Tweezers
- A bunch of mini brushes
My so-called “emergency kit” turned out to be quite a bit more than I intended. It’s probably the equivalent to a travel kit or a weekend-away kit. Yes, I am rather high maintenance, so this will probably be a work in progress. But at least I know that by having this tucked away in my car, I will always be well prepared to touch up, redo or refresh my makeup and not have to worry about finding the time to try and get back to the house before a last minute appointment or spur of the moment evening out.
Do you have a beauty emergency kit? What do you have inside yours?