Sephora has surprised us with a Summer Bonus Event for Rouge and VIB Members! The event is happening now through 8/27 to reward top tier Beauty Insiders with a summer bonus discount both in store and online (you can shop and save multiple times throughout the event). If you’re not already a member I highly recommend signing up! As a member you get access to a lot of perks such as discounts, early access to new launches, promotions, free makeovers and more.
- Rouge Members will receive 20% off purchases with code SUMMERSAVE
- VIB Members will receive 15% off with code SUMMERSAVE
There are so many great beauty brands available at Sephora and this is a great time to try some new things that have on your wishlist or to stock up on tried-and-true staples. I’ve partnered with them to round up my Top 20 Makeup Staples I’ve used all summer long. Quick note that there are some exclusions: “Not valid on The Ordinary products . Clients are limited to the purchase of one Dyson item, three Drunk Elephant items, five Morphe items, and three Tatcha items per SKU per transaction.”
Face / Base
My top picks:
- Armani Luminous Silk Foundation has been a go-to, the color range matches my skin tone the best as they have good golden/olive tones. This is the most naturally radiant looking foundation I’ve tried and it holds up well even in warm weather.
- Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Foundation is the longest-wearing semi-matte finish base I’ve tried. It holds up the best in humidity, covers and smoothes, has great coverage, but my skin can still breathe with this one
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is forever going to be my holy grail. I love that the colors have been expanded, so if you felt like you couldn’t find a match with the original launch, you might want to check out the colors again. They’ve added a lot of new shades to fill in the gaps. It’s also available in a mini (in all colors)
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Filter Powder in Shade 2 is my holy grail blurring and setting powder in one. I love that it’s in a compact so it’s easy to carry in your purse for touch ups.
Lip Favorites Right Now
I could go on forever about my favorite lip products. There are so many great formulas and finishes – practically something for everyone whether you want gloss, lipstick, a liquid, crayon, shimmer, matte, sheer, etc. The top ones I’ve had in rotation:
- NARS Afterglow Lip Balm in Orgasm is a soft hydrating balm that gives the lips the perfect soft pink flush. It’s surpassed my love for the Dior Addict Lip Glow!
- NARS Oil-Infused Lip Tints are also lovely for a beautiful lip oil. I think all the colors are really nice but I’m partial to Orgasm. It will swatch clear/sheer on your hand, but on the lips give it a minute and it will shift in color to a pretty pink. It’s what I’m wearing in this post!
- Fenty Gloss Bomb in Fenty Glow is what I’d call a universal soft rose. I think it’s a must for any skin tone. It has a cushiony non-sticky finish.
- Pat McGrath LuxeTrance Lipsticks are the first products I splurged on from her line and it’s been love since the first swipe. These are ultra creamy and opaque. They aren’t weightless but the colors are so beautiful.
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution in Pillow Talk is my go-to rose neutral. If you find it too brown/rose I’d recommend you try Super Cindy (more peach) instead.
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk is the best everyday neutral that goes will all of my lip colors. I’ll pair this with the Fenty Glosses on top.
Eye Favorites + Staples
What I love right now:
- NARS Wanted Mini Eyeshadow Palette has been surprisingly versatile for such a small palette! It has the perfect mix for a soft rosy neutral eye look.
- Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Sticks are still forever my favorites. I use these as eye bases for powder shadow. Rosegold and Copper are my most-used colors
- Anastasia Brow Wiz is one of the best brow pencils I’ve ever tried. Since I got highlights last year I had to change my brow pencil color as my usual browns from Dior were a bit too dark. I alternate between Anastasia Medium Brown, Caramel and Taupe.
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel is the best brow gel to fill in and define the brow. I still love the Hourglass option for a cheaper alternative but I feel like the Tom Ford one fills in the gaps better.
- Hourglass Scattered Light Eyeshadows count for 2 of my picks because I have two favorite colors: Ray and Burnish. I thought the original 5 were amazing but I’ve really been loving Burnish and Ray layered together.
- Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen is the best liquid liner. It’s so expensive but out of all the ones I’ve tried I feel it’s truly worth the extra price because it doesn’t bleed, it dries fast when you apply, and it does not dry out as quickly as other brands do. I also love that it’s double sided with two sizes for the tips.
Last but not least, the three cheek products I feel are extra special include:
- Natasha Denona Bloom and Blush Glow has the prettiest mix of shades for the ultimate glow. It has a combination of powders and creams. I feel like this is such a unique palette!
- Natasha Denona Tan and Bronze Glow is so good I’ve kept my backup so I won’t be without it once I use mine up. I think this has the most flattering mix of colors for highlight and bronzer for medium to medium dark skin.
- Fenty Beauty Sun Stalk’r Instant Warmth Bronzer in Shady Biz is a really good natural matte bronzer. I love everything about from the packaging to formula. It has the perfect texture to blend easily and doesn’t darken on the skin once it sets.
That wraps up my Top 20 Makeup Favorites! There are so many other things I also love but I tried to narrow down my recommendations list to the top 20.
The Sephora Summer Bonus Event is going to be for Rouge and VIB Members only this round, it runs through 8/27. I’m stocking up on some hair care and skin care favorites. I’ll probably buy a couple more of the Charlotte Tilbury pressed powders because I go through those frequently!
Shop the post:
Many thanks to Sephora for partnering to sponsor this post.