For Black Friday Diptyque launched a special limited-edition Black Candle in their classic Baies variation ($72 for 6.5 oz). It’s available online through 11/26 while supplies last and comes in a special black and white glass jar. I was so lucky to get an early preview to share in my Black Friday roundup and wanted to give you a closer look.
Baies is Diptyque’s best-selling candle with a mix of rose and blackcurrant leaves. It’s my favorite and I think it’s one of the most unique scents I’ve ever burned in candle form. The Black Friday Baies comes in the same size as the Standard Candles, 6.5 oz, approximately up to 60 hours of burn time. The wax is black like their Tinted Colored Glass Candles and 3-Wick Candle. It also comes with a 2018 stamp on the side which I think is super fun.
In case you’re new to the brand many of the scented candles come in multiple sizes and also other formats in case you cannot burn candles. I’ve purchased almost all the different forms over the years, my favorite is still the candle form.
Above from left to right. You can find these at a number of places, but I usually buy mine from Diptyque stores, Diptyque online and Nordstrom:
- Three Wick Candle, 21 oz ($165) only comes in the Baies form right now, there’s actually a larger size Outdoor with Five Wicks that have 51.3 oz, the jar is a matte glass black and is a lot stronger than the standard or minis
- Room Spray, 5 fl oz ($68) is a potent kind of room spray, it’s very strong and scent lingers for at least several hours and fills a decent size room with a few spritzes, it still won’t last quite as long as a candle but we’ve bought a few of these over the years and every scent we’ve tried is amazing
- Tinted Glass, 10.2 oz ($95) comes with approximately 90 hours of burn time, their best sellers come in different colors of glass and matching wax which make it more fun and unique
- Extra Mini 1.23 oz typically come in the 5-Piece, 10-Piece Holiday Sets or Advent Calendar. This year it’s also available in the Treat Cones in the Do Son and L’Ombre Dans L’Eau versions.
- Standard Candles 6.5 oz ($65 and up) come with approximately 60 hours of burn time, most are clear glass with the white and black sticker label. Limited or special editions have different colors of exterior and are usually a little more expensive.
- Mini Candles 2.4 oz ($35) have around 30 hours of burn time. They make nice gifts. After I burn and clean out the interior I fill them with Q-tips or long match sticks.
- Scented Oval ($48) is the only format I’m really not that crazy about since the strength isn’t as potent as the room spray or candle.
- The perfume version of Baies os the L’Ombre Dans L’Eau which has really good lasting power on me. It smells exactly like the candle. I’ve tried the Eau de Toilette version but they also have an Eau de Parfum as well. One shown is a travel size which was limited-edition. Current sizes are larger.
In addition they have a few diffuser variations which I have not tried yet. There are currently three different options for home diffusers and each one is very expensive. They’re beautifully designed but for now I’m sticking with the candles.
Some of you asked for more thoughts and a closer look at the Carousel. Each holiday there are usually two options. This year they have the Full Size Carousel ($60) which fits the standard candles. It sold out multiple times on the Diptyque website but just restocked so I ordered it on Black Friday. In addition they have the one that fits the minis available in a Baies + Tubereuse Carousel and Candle Set ($125). In my previous post I had photographed it without the ornaments attached. Below I have it with the ornaments attached and I also uploaded a quick video on my Instagram @beautylookbook. You can check it out in action in this post here.
Overall I think the Black Friday Candle is perfect for Diptyque lovers. I ordered a second one as a backup along with the full size carousel on Black Friday. Diptyque is an expensive luxury brand for sure and if you’re new to the line it can be a little overwhelming to pick one. I still recommend the mini sets if you can’t smell or try in person. They’re the perfect way to sample a wide range.
For the size options I hope the side by side photo helped. I’ve purchased a number of these over the years. The Three Wick was a newer launch last year and Andrew bought it for me as a birthday gift (by my request).
You can find the Diptyque Black Friday 2018 Baies online at Diptyque through 11/26 while supplies last. They are running a Cyber Weekend promo with a 35g mini Figuier candle, a mini Philosykos soap and a set of decorative ornaments with a purchase $100 or more using code CHEER until 11/27 or while supplies last. If you’re shopping be sure to check the Exclusive Offers Promo page in case they have a new one for Cyber Monday.
Black Friday candle gifted by Diptyque. All other items purchased by me.