The NARS Endless Summer Collection is a new limited-edition launch exclusively at Nordstrom for their Anniversary Sale Beauty Exclusives this year. The focus is on sets with four options to choose from. NARS describes the collection as having a smoldering summer vibe. I feel the colors pull more neutral or fall-like but there are still some pretty options that are wearable regardless of season. I have all the colors swatched for you today along with some thoughts. I love seeing what options and deals are available during the sale, but sets can be touch and go if you don’t love all the colors. Also there are frequently repeats. I do think they are great for beauty newbies, especially since they often give you a price break on the sets. If you’ve been a long-time NARS lover or collector you might want to shop your stash or wait for fall. The four items from the NARS Endless Summer Collection include:
- Hot Escape Eye and Cheek Palette ($49)
- Undressed Liquid Lip Set 1 ($49)
- Undressed Liquid Lip Set 2 ($49)
- Sunseeker Lip and Light Duo ($24)
The Hot Escape Eye and Cheek Palette has four eyeshadows, one highlighting blush and one regular powder blush. The overall look and feel of the palette runs neutral-cool with sheer to medium finish. If you’re one who wants to wear a minimal eye makeup look with a neutral rose blush this is a great one.
Colors in the palette:
- Aurora Eyeshadow is a matte soft cream
- Yucatan Eyeshadow is a soft grey taupe satin
- Endless Eyeshadow is a sparkling tan (LOVE this color)
- Next Wave is a satiny cool grey
- Sunstreak Highlighting Powder is a sheer ultra pale pink shimmer
- Hot Pursuit is a dusty rose
While the colors are on the soft side you can definitely build if you use a dense or synthetic brush. Overall lasting power was pretty good. Everything stayed put from morning until late afternoon without budging. I do recommend using a creamy base for the eyeshadows. On dry lids the color will be ultra sheer.
The Sunseeker Lip and Light Duo has miniatures of their Highlighting Powder in Fort de France and Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita. The powder is small like eyeshadow size and the lip pencil is nice for a trial size. Both are classics in the NARS line and I would actually recommend buying the full size versions – I think both colors are going to work on a wide range of skin tones. Fort de France is my favorite highlighting powder of the new shades launched (reviewed here). The Velvet Matte Lip Pencil is smooth and glides on with a very soft velvety finish. It’s a classic warm rose color.
Then there are two Liquid Lip Sets, each with four colors. Each set has two Velvet Lip Glides which offer natural to medium coverage in a soft velvet finish gloss. Lasting power is medium – there will be color transfer if your lips touch something and you will have to reapply throughout the day. There are also two Powermatte Lip Pigments which are thin liquid lipsticks that dry to a full matte finish. These stay put all day once you apply, no budging at all! The Undressed Liquid Lip Set 1 has neutrals/nudes:
- Velvet Lip Glide in Stripped is a pale beige cream, this is an existing shade
- Velvet Lip Glide in Cozumel is a pink beige cream, this is a new limited-edition color (love this)
- Powermatte Lip Pigment in Antigua is a neutral-cool beige rose, also new and limited-edition
- Powermatte Lip Pigment in American Woman, this is an existing shade and to me one of the most perfect everyday neutrals
The Undressed Liquid Lip Set 2 has rose/pinks:
- Velvet Lip Glide in Bound which is the perfect neutral-cool rose with a hint of mauve
- Velvet Lip Glide in Cartagena a bright orchid pink, new shade
- Powermatte Lip Pigment in Save the Queen is the prettiest cool mauve color on my arm, but when it dries on my lips it turns very blue
- Powermatte Lip Pigment in Haze is a deeper mauve rose
Quality and color-wise these sets are just as good as the individuals. Since there is a mix of existing colors within the sets you might want to pass if you already own some of them. Or if you have friends you can split the sets with that might be another option if you had your eye on certain colors anyways. To me the best colors are Bound and American Woman which you can buy individually. I do have a soft spot for neutrals and nudes, I really liked the Undressed Liquid Lip Set 1. Even though I already own 2 of the colors I still love the 2 new ones Cozumel and Antigua. I’ve set aside the duplicates for friends and swatched the colors I already had in my stash. That being said I do want to mention if you’re a nude lip lover you might also want to look into the NARSissist Wanted Velvet Lip Glide Set in Nude Scene which is an Ulta Exclusive. It has six miniature nudes.
Overall some nice options if you end up liking all the colors or have been wanting to try NARS products I think this is a great time to start. The prices are really good, especially for the lip sets considering each lip color full size is $26, so 4 of them individually would cost $104 and the sale set price is only $49.
You can find the Endless Summer Collection now at Nordstrom for their Anniversary Sale Beauty Exclusives. Everything is limited-edition. Did you pick up anything from the sale yet or are you shopping it this week? More swatches and reviews of my haul picks to follow soon!
NARS Endless Summer collection provided courtesy of NARS for review.