Happy Monday everyone! I’ve been a bit MIA as we are moving and we had a few last minute changes in our plans for this month. Thanks to everyone who has sent their kind thoughts and wishes – we are all well and good in Florida and thankfully there was no damage to the area we lived and the neighborhood my in-laws house is ok as well. We are in a transition phase but I hope to have the Tom Ford Lips and Girls review, new post on By Terry launches and the full living in Florida recap this week. A lot of you messaged me asking if I was planning on reviewing the Diptyque City Exclusives – I was able to order four of the cities, but many of them sold out the day they launched online (I’m missing Shanghai and New York). I’ll try to review the ones I do have soon though. A few things have popped up on my beauty radar:
- Mansur Gavriel has been on my radar for a long time, I’ve been waiting to go to NY to see the new colors and all the sizes at their pop-up store in person, but my trips keep getting postponed! I’m 5’3″ so I love that they have minis and mini-mini sizes, I’ve been so tempted to just order one online from Net-A-Porter but have decided to wait and see them in person – if you have any of their bags let me know your thoughts!
- Tom Ford launched new shades of Lip Color and Lip Color Matte, had I known these were coming I would have skipped some of the Lips and Girls Lip Sheers and opted to purchase these instead, I haven’t seen the colors in person yet though
- Chanel La Creme Main is one of the most interesting packages I’ve seen for a hand cream, I received a sample of this but I’m living out of a suitcase this week so review will happen in the next week or so, I’m anxious to see how it performs!
- Byredo Velvet Haze is one of the latest from Byredo, I sampled a mini from the September Barneys Beauty Bag Event and love the warm fall vibe it has, it’s still hot as heck here in Florida but we are hoping to do some travel in the next couple of months and it’s definitely on my wishlist
- Atelier Cologne Bois Blonds has been my go-to the past month, I bought a mini size while I was in San Francisco and wish I had just bought the larger size, it’s the perfect summer to fall transition fragrance and I need to buy another one soon
- By Terry Compact Expert Dual Powders are some of the prettiest face powders I’ve ever tried, they’re designed to mattify, highlight and set all over – but since these have colors that look like both blush, highlight or bronzer I don’t see how they’ll really work as a setting powder, I purchased all the shades and will review soon – they look lovely on the cheeks or as a soft contour/highlight
- Bobbi Brown launches her beautiful Beauty Cases each year, this year’s color is a pretty red, she also has a bigger Deluxe Beauty Trunk available but I haven’t seen any inside photos of this year’s version
- Truffle has some new launches including a Clarity Jetset Case and Clarity Pouches with a wider base, they look promising for travel!
- Laura Mercier Matte Caviar Stick Eye Colors are among the best soft matte cream shadows I’ve tried, I’ve only tried a couple shades so far in Au Naturel, Caramel and Blossom which are pretty darn good, I have a few others I haven’t gotten to yet but if you’re one who prefers minis some holiday sets have just launched including this 4-piece Mod to Modern Holiday Caviar Stick Set (also available at Sephora)
- Barneys New York Blow Out in a Box looks like a killer gift set, it has four full-size items from Oribe, Shu Uemura Art of Hair, Rodin and Sachajuan at a value price, this For the Jet Set Box is an even better buy (for the value)
What’s been on your radar lately? I feel like we just started seeing fall beauty collections and this weekend I’ve already started seeing holiday sets out!