I have a quick roundup of five things I wanted to share today including a few sales and promo codes. I’m working on a few posts on new launches that I can’t share quite yet but I’m really excited so stay tuned! A few things on my radar:
- MAC just launched extensions of their Pro Palettes in new sizes of compacts and inserts! For the compacts there is now a Pro-Palette Small (rectangular option) and Pro-Palette Medium (square). I picked up one of the medium sizes, a blush insert and eyeshadow insert and put in my own pans that I had from my current collection. This is perfect to carry on-the-go or for travel because you can now mix and match products and inserts. A full review to follow soon!
- For a limited time Benefit has a Personalized Hoola Bronzer option for $34 (available through the end of the month). It does cost a bit more than the regular Hoola Bronzer which is $29, but it can make a super cute gift. I was sent a personalized one from the Benefit team and think it’s pretty neat that my name is engraved on it!
- Urban Decay Lipsticks are all on sale at Sephora.com – the Matte Revolution, Sheer Revolution and regular Revolution Lipsticks are all marked down to $11. I’m not sure if this means they are discontinuing the formula or if they’re simply on sale. In case you had any of these on your radar – you can save 50% on these right now 🙂
- Tatcha is offering a deluxe travel size of the Pore Perfecting Sunscreen SPF 35 with any purchase of $100 or more on Tatcha.com with the code SPFMINI (through 4/28), it’s one of my favorite sunscreen formulas, so if you’re shopping online this week be sure to take advantage of the code before it expires.
- After I posted my Diptyque Favorites roundup, so many of you have asked me to keep you in the loop on Diptyque deals or promos that I know about. I’ll do my best to share when I find out anything, for right now:
- You can still save $20 off orders of $100+ online at Space NK (US) with code BEAUTYLB16 through May 1st.
- Two other codes that came through my in-box are from Diptyque (US online only at Diptyqueparis.com):
- Code MOM with any $75+ order will provide a complimentary 35g Geranium Rosa Candle
- Code SPRING with any $150+ order is good for a Choisya 35g candle + three 2ml Eau de Toilettes. Indulge in L’Ombe dans L’Eau, Florabellio and Do Son
Hope you find some of these helpful! Any good sales, deals or new launches on your radar this week? If yes please share in the comments 🙂
Today I’m thrilled to share a special offer for my readers. Space NK
has brought back their explore savings event for spring and Beauty Look Book readers get early access to shop and save before anyone else! Use code BEAUTYLB16
at checkout to save $20 off online orders of $100 or more. The promo code will be valid starting today April 14th and run through May 1st – valid online only at www.spacenk.com/us
. I have some reviews and swatches coming up on Kevyn Aucoin, Eve Lom and By Terry items I’ve been testing out – so stay tuned. Also many of you have been asking me to rank my top Diptyque picks so by popular request I’m working on a favorites round up which I will have up on the blog soon.
In the meantime a quick rundown of some beauty items that I’m loving right now:
- Diptyque Baies is my favorite home scent of the moment for spring which is a blackcurrant and rose. I love it in all forms including the Large Black Colored version (c/o), Mini Candle, and especially the Room Spray. Diptyque is one of those brands that I’ve never seen go on sale so these promos are the perfect time to try something out and save a little.
- Diptyque Eau de Sens (c/o) is new for spring. I tested a sample and fell head over heels in love with it. Orange blossom is hard for me to wear – I think it often smells so good as a room fragrance, but strong citrus doesn’t always work well with my skin chemistry. This one is very good.
- Kevyn Aucoin The Lip Gloss in Starlight and Candlelight are pretty layering glosses for spring. Review and swatches of both shades here (Starlight is a must).
- Kevyn Aucoin The Pure Powder Glow blushes have been on my radar for a long time and they do not disappoint for a very natural glow. Shadore is the most perfect powdery pink I think I’ve ever tried.
- Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder (c/o) in Light is a new shade of the sculpting powder that works better on my skin compared to the Medium option which I found too cool-toned on me. Original review + thoughts on Medium here, swatches of Light to follow soon.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush (c/o) in Incandescent Electra is one of the prettiest soft iridescent peachy colors I’ve ever tried. It was originally exclusive to the limited-edition blush palette trio but a little over a year ago they launched it separately and I’m really happy they did.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Strobe Powder in Euphoric Strobe Light is my favorite option out of all the new strobe powders. Swatches of all 4 shades from Hourglass in this post here.
- Hourglass Extreme Sheen Lipgloss in Lush (c/o) is a really pretty golden peach shimmer perfect for warmer months.
- By Terry Terrybly Mascara in Black is quite the splurge but I tried a mini tube and loved it so much I bought several tubes of the full size. It thickens and volumizes lashes. It doesn’t clump or smudge. I really love it.
- By Terry Sun Designer Palettes are probably the most beautiful palettes I’ve ever owned. each one is simply stunning. I splurged on both about a month ago and even though I was not happy about the high price tag I have no regrets and adore both. Review and swatches to follow soon but they are wonderfully pigmented and blend smoothly on the skin to give the face life.
- Eve Lom Daily Protection SPF 50 (c/o) is a new to me sunscreen that dries to a velvety matte finish. It’s suitable for my super sensitive skin and layers really nicely over moisturizer. It does not feel heavy or greasy and foundation looks good on top of it. I love the pump packaging. Full review soon.
You can click the icons on each image below to shop the post through Space NK:
To recap, you can save $20 off online orders of $100 or more by using code BEAUTYLB16
online at Space NK
at checkout. Code is valid on the US site only, starts April 14 and runs through May 1, 2016. Terms and conditions
apply disclosed here (there are some exclusions such as gift cards and sale items).
Every time I try something from Eve Lom I’m always impressed. If you have any recs from the line please let me know. Or if you have any other favorites you see online at Space NK you think I should try I’m all ears!
Happy shopping (or saving that is)!
This post is not sponsored but many thanks to the Space NK team for providing this exclusive offer to Beauty Look Book readers. Press samples featured include items with a (c/o).
The Sephora 15% Off Love Note Shopping Event
starts today for VIB Rouge members and runs through April 13th. By now you should have received either an e-mail or card in the mail for the event. You can shop the sale in stores with the e-mail you received or shop online with code ROUGENOTE
at checkout. Start dates and discounts for beauty insider vary according to the tier you are in, dates are as follows:
- VIB Rouge Members – April 7 to 13, 2016 receive 15% off with code ROUGENOTE
- VIB Members – April 8 to 13, 2016 receive 15% off with code VIBNOTE
- BI Members – April 9 to 12, 2016 receive 10% off with code BINOTE
I have a roundup of recommendations in case you’re wondering what I think is worth the splurge. Many brands rarely go on sale except for holiday sales or friends and family events so I like to use these times to stock up on skincare. I’m still working on editing down my own personal shopping list – if you have any recs let me know in the comments!
I have a mix of recommended items for skincare, makeup, haircare and tools. Highlighters and glowing blushes are extremely popular right now – I’ll be working on a few more reviews as fast as I can hopefully before the sale ends:
- Maison Martin Margiela Replica perfumes are new discoveries for me and Lipstick On and Beach Walk are my favorites so far. If you’re new to the line there are a few travel sets that serve as a nice introduction to the line. The REPLICA Discovery Set for Her ($65) includes Beach Walk, Lazy Sunday Morning and Tea Escape.
- NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint ($44, reviewed here) is my favorite new base formula launched this year for medium-but-natural looking coverage.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty The Bronze Bronzer Brush No. 12 ($78) is a splurge but it’s the best large fluffy bronzer brush I own. It’s soft and dense and feels extremely smooth. Applies just the right amount of bronzing powder to the face for a soft diffused look.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty The Shape Contour and Blush Brush No. 15 ($38) is a contour brush but also doubles as a foundation brush for liquids or creams. It applies liquids to the face without any streaks and blends creams to a flawless finish.
- beautyblender® nude ($20) is one of the newest beauty blender tools, in my initial review I rated the original pink on the best one, the nude version is just as good in providing streak-free smooth coverage. For color correcting, the micro.mini correct.four set ($30) is nice to have to use with different color creams so you don’t have to worry about mixing product colors (color correcting review in this post here).
- T3 PROi Professional Hair Dryer ($350, review here) is hands down the best hair dryer I’ve ever tried. I discovered this thanks to my beauty friend RaeViewer – it worked wonders on her hair and it gives the hair a salon quality blow out.
- Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick ($26 each) is Bite Beauty’s newest lipstick launch. All 34 colors have been swatched and reviewed on the blog. Roundup review and links to all of the swatches here. My top three shade picks are Honeycomb, Sake and Pepper.
- Viseart Eyeshadow Palette Sultry Muse ($80) is something I just discovered from The Makeup Show recently. I’ll have a review soon but will say right now it’s everything that everyone has raved about and more. You need this in your life.
- Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Aqua ($150) is Tom Ford’s lightest perfume to date. Each new addition to the Neroli Portofino line gets better every year and the aqua one is the best one yet. It has a citrus feel but it’s light and the scent also has an aquatic vibe to it. Full review soon.
- Tom Ford Soleil Blanc ($220, reviewed here) is summer in a bottle. Out of all the possible scents for summer I think this is probably going to be my favorite, although the Neroli Portofino Aqua is also very good.
- Tom Ford Skin Illuminator in Fire Lust ($72, review here) is a staple in my makeup wardrobe, if you haven’t bought one from previous seasons I highly recommend it since the Tom Ford Beauty line is now available online at Sephora.
- Sephora Collection Pro Full Coverage Airbrush #53 ($38, review here) hands down one of the best foundation brush discoveries I made last year. I liked it so much I bought a second one.
- Urban Decay UD x Gwen Blush Palette ($45) I have yet to review this on the blog, but both of the UD x Gwen palettes are really phenomenal. If I had to pick one I would say the blush one wins – I hope to have swatches edited and the review posted soon, but this one is a must.
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Concealer ($27, reviewed here and here) is a miracle worker for brightening the under eye. A little goes a long way so you only need a tiny dab – but once you apply it, under eye circles and darkness are gone. When I attended the Makeup Show – we were told that they were planning to expand the color range.
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation ($43, worn in tutorial here) review forthcoming, but this is the best foundation stick I’ve tried that is tied with the one from Tom Ford. The main difference is the one from MUFE isn’t quite as thick in texture so I can wear it all over the face. I prefer layering this on top of my regular liquid foundation in places I need extra coverage but it’s a winner.
- Kate Somerville Eradikate To Go! ($22) I’ve already gone through 2 packs of these. They work wonders on pimples like nothing else I’ve tried. My husband likes them too. They are gentle enough to use on sensitive skin so I bought a set for my brother. The color is tinted pink so they are best used on days you don’t need to go outside in public or at night when you sleep.
- Kate Somerville Exfolikate Cleanser ($38, review here) favorite cleanser of the moment. I already used up a tube and am on my second. I will probably be stocking up on this during the sale because it’s that good.
- Laura Mercier Face Illuminator ($44) in Indiscretion has made a comeback and now there are three new colors in the same formula. I’ve been playing with all of them and will have a review soon but if you liked the super glowy radiant finish of the original one but wanted a different color I think you will be really happy there are more options now.
- Too Faced Melted Chocolate Liquified Lipsticks ($21 each, reviewed here) are some of my favorite liquid lipsticks and they smell (and taste) delicious, Chocolate Honey and Metallic Frozen Hot Chocolate are my favorite colors
For the sale I plan on stocking up on some basics. I’ll report back with a haul once I’ve placed an order but in the meantime I hope you found this roundup of recommendations helpful! I think I could have gone on with a list 2-3 times long but I tried to narrow down my top picks for right now. In terms of highlighters I think the Anastasia Glow Kits
that I just reviewed are my favorite so far. I’ll have a review of the Laura Mercier and Urban Decay up as soon as I can to compare.
To recap on dates and codes:
- VIB Rouge Members – April 7 to 13, 2016 receive 15% off with code ROUGENOTE
- VIB Members – April 8 to 13, 2016 receive 15% off with code VIBNOTE
- BI Members – April 9 to 12, 2016 receive 10% off with code BINOTE
What’s on your shopping list? Are you going to order online or stop by your local store? Or both?
Press samples featured include the NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint, Marc Jacobs Beauty Brushes, T3 PROi, Tom Ford Fire Lust, Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche, Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Concealer, Kate Somerville Exfolikate Cleanser.
The Space NK
Explore Promotion starts today where you can save $20 off orders $100 or more online with code EXPLORE16
at checkout. If you’ve had any pricey items on your wishlist from Diptyque, Oribe, By Terry etc. now is a good time to save as they are brands that rarely ever go on sale.
Terms and Conditions
apply, sale items and gift cards are excluded, but it looks like everything else qualifies. From Space NK:
‘Explore Something New’ offer is $20 to spend on any product on the website as we would like you to try some of our other carefully selected products. Your order must total $100 or more on full price/non-sale products before delivery has been added and the promotional code EXPLORE16 must also be entered in the promo code box on the shopping bag page, before checkout. One use per customer. The $20 discount will be applied at checkout where the order total equals $100 or more. This offer can be used in conjunction with our free shipping over $50. This offer applies online only on the us.spacenk.com site, not the UK site and is not available in-store. This offer is only available online between 12:00am EST Thursday, March 3rd, 2016 through 11:59pm PST Wednesday, March 9th 2016 and we reserve the right to end it early or extend it without notice. Please note that all items from the sale and all gift card purchases are excluded from this promotion. The offer is not refundable and there is no cash value/alternative. The offer cannot be exchanged in stores or online for another product.
Let me know if you end up ordering anything! Be sure to enter the code at checkout EXPLORE16.
Here’s a roundup of Cyber Monday beauty deals along with a few new launches. Some of the Black Friday deals have extended to Monday, others are brand new offers:
A few good non-beauty deals on my radar:
- Ann Taylor – 50% off everything with code EVERYTHING
- Banana Republic – 40% off everything with code BESTCYBER
- Bloomingdale’s – 25% off regular-priced sale items (exclusions apply)
- J.Crew – 40% off 507 styles, 30% off everything else with code MONDAY
- Joie – 25% off everything with code THANKS
- Kate Spade – 30% off everything wide code SHINE
- Shopbop – Use code GOBIG15 at checkout for:
- 15% off orders $250+
- 20% off orders $500+
- 25% off orders $1,000+
- Splendid – 40% off everything, including sale, with code CYBER
- Truffle – 25% off your entire purchase with code GIFTING25, ends 12/1
- Williams-Sonoma – Cyber Monday Sales and Saving, also use code SAVEMORE to get:
- 10% off $50+
- 15% off $100+
- 20% off $200+
- 25% off $500+
- Williams-Sonoma Home – use code SAVENOW to get:
- 10% off $250+
- 15% off $500+
- 20% off $1,000+
- 25% off $2,000+
Black Friday deals have finally arrived! Here’s a roundup of the best beauty deals I’ve found for this year. There are a couple special launches that occur today that aren’t sales mixed in at the bottom. Note all deals and promos are for U.S. sites. If you know of any more let me know in the comments!
- Bare Minerals – Receive a free collection worth $62 (Bare Tutorials Smoky Eye or Bare Tutorials Eyeliner) with any $75 purchase, valid through end of 11/27
- Beautylish – Bioderma special bundles for Black Friday here
- Bioderma Sensibio H2O and Sebium H2O 500 ml include a complimentary 100m
- Pro Packs 2 x 500ml pump bottles of Sensibio H2O or Sebium H2O include a complimentary 250ml
- Sebium Pore Refiner includes a complimentary 100ml of Sebium H2O
- Hydrabio Serum includes a complimentary 100ml of Sensibio H2O
- Birchbox – 25% off orders $35+ online with code BIGDEAL at checkout, includes subscription services, discount is also applicable in their Soho store
- Charlotte Tilbury – Purchase the limited-edition Fallen Angel Palette and receive a complimentary Rock N Kohl in Bedroom Black (swatches from last year here)
- Update, this set is also available at Nordstrom
- Clarisonic – Save 20% on all devices and choose a free brush head, use promo code CYBERWKND (review on Men’s Alphafit and Women’s Aria/Mia 3 here), deal ends 11/27
- Clinique – 20% off orders $65+ ends 11/29, no code needed
- Diptyque – holiday gift of a baby Baies candle, baby Ambre candle + deluxe fragrance sample with code GIFT at checkout, valid while supplies last through 12/2 (I tested it and it appears to work on orders over $75)
- Foreo – 25% off all devices, no code needed, valid 11/27 to 11/30 (I have the Luna Mini and love it, review to follow soon)
- Giorgio Armani – 20% off any orders of $75 or more, on Black Friday receive a full size Eye Contour Brush on orders of $150 or more, valid 11/27 only with code BLACKFRIDAY at checkout
- Glossier – 25% off sitewide, no promo codes needed
- Henri Bendel – 25% off orders $150+, 30% off orders $250+, receive a $50 splurge card with any purchase
- Kate Somerville – $25 e-gift card with any $100 purchase, use code BLACK
- Free Full-Size DermalQuench with any $150 purchase (no code needed)
- Buy 2 Exfolikate Ornaments, receive the 3rd one free
- Kiehl’s – Enjoy 4 deluxe samples + free shipping on any order, valid through 11/29
- Jurlique – Save up to 50% storewide, sale ends 11/29
- L’Artisan – Save 25% off everything sitewide, use code BLACKFRIDAY25, ends 11/29
- L’Occitane – Various codes and promos valid on Black Friday, some are discounted purchase with purchase, others are gift with purchases
- Laura Mercier – $25 off any purchase $100 or more, valid through 11/29
- MAC Cosmetics – 25% off Holiday Kits, valid through 11/30
- Marc Jacobs Beauty – #BlacquerFriday value sets while supplies last, review/details here
- Molton Brown – 25% off everything use code MBEVENTUS at checkout, ends 11/30 11:59 pm PST
- Moroccanoil – Receive a free hand cream trio with any $100 purchase
- NARS Cosmetics – Give and Take sale, 20% off with code TAKE20 through 12/2
- Neiman Marcus – Gift of Beauty Event, receive a clutch with samples with any $100 purchase, individual lines also have gifts going on, this Le Metier de Beaute Contour Kaleidoscope GWP looks amazing! good while supplies last through 11/29; receive $50 off purchases $200 or more your select regular-priced qualifying purchase of $200 or more with promo code THANKFUL (including Beauty and Fragrances), expires 11/28 5:30 PM CT
- Nordstrom – 80+ beauty gifts with purchase options, while supplies last
- Nuxe US – 30% off everything, no code needed
- Saks Fifth Avenue – Receive a $25 gift card when you spend $100 or more online only with code BEAUTY1 at checkout, valid through 11/27 11:59 pm ET
- Sephora – Black Friday $10 deals go live on Friday
- Shiseido – 20% off sitewide with code FF2015, valid through 11/30
- Shu Uemura USA – Free shipping and 25% of orders $100+ or 20% off orders $50+, use code SHUBF, valid through 11/27 11:59 pm
- Smashbox Cosmetics – Take 25% off orders $50 or more with code HOLIDAY15 at checkout, valid through 11/30
- Space NK USA – Receive $25 when you spend $125, to redeem at Space NK between December 1-24th, offer valid through 11/29 11:59 pm PST
- Tarte – 25% off orders and free shipping on $25+, use code FRIDAY, valid thru 11/27
- Tatcha – 20% off all orders with code FF2015 at checkout, valid through 12/6 11:59 pm PST
- Temptu – 25% off site wide with code FALLFF at checkout, valid through 12/2
- Truffle – 25% off site wide with code GIFTING25 at checkout
- Ulta Beauty – Black Friday Beauty Busters, assorted value sets and sales
- Urban Decay – 20% off with code CRUSHED, valid through 11/28
- YSL Beauty – 20% off $75 or more with complimentary shipping and 2 deluxe samples, spend $150 and receive the YSL Signature Brush Set, valid through 12/6
New beauty launches for Black Friday:
- MAC Cosmetics – Patentpolish Lip Pencil in Berry Black Friday, special release
- Tom Ford Lips and Boys – 25 new shades of mini Lips and Boys shades launch with 25 repromoted colors, all shades are permanent! I went to the preview launch and ended up with Drake, Jake, Demsey, Ansel, Malik and Eric – I’m waiting on an order to come in before I review + swatch everything
One last mention because I’ve featured this Tory Burch Pouch Duo
before and it’s on the pricey side. Right now it’s on sale here
(49% off) in three colors while supplies last or until 11/30.
Happy sale shopping! Let me know if you end up hauling anything or if you’re waiting for Cyber Monday. Would love to know what you ended up buying. I have my eye on this Lorac Love, Lust and Lace Eyeshadow Palette
(at $12, it’s a steal!). I’m contemplating the Becca Afterglow Palette
– but the pans seem tiny – if you have this (or tried it let me know what you think). I just ordered the MAC Patentpolish – so excited for it to arrive.
I’ll have another roundup of Cyber Monday sales and codes so stay tuned.
Some deals and sales you can shop today. I’m waiting for Cyber Monday for the deals, but in case you’ve had your eye on something and don’t want to wait for the sales, here are some you can shop right now:
- First Aid Beauty – 30% off Friends and Family with code FABFAM15 at checkout (excludes skincare kits and holiday sets), valid through 11/22, free shipping on orders over $50
- Unfortunately this excludes sets, but there are still a lot of good individual items, the Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask has been a lifesaver for me this week, my skin freaked out and this helped calm everything down
- Giorgio Armani Beauty – 20% off purchases $75 or more plus free standard shipping, valid until 12/8 at 12:00 AM PST
- Henri Bendel – 20% off $100 purchase, 25% off $200 purchase, 30% off $300 purchase plus free two-day shipping, good for this weekend only
- Kate Somerville – 20% off entire purchase plus free shipping with code FF20 at checkout, ends today 10/20 at 11:59 PM PST
- Kiehl’s – use $20 in Kiehl’s Cash towards your purchase of $65 or more with code JINGLE at checkout, good through 12/2
- Shu Uemura USA – 25% off VIP sale with code SHUVIP at checkout, ends 11/21 at 11:59 PM
- Truffle – 20% off Ivory Pearl Cranberry Clarity Pouch Small and Clarity Pouch Large with code at CRANBERRY at checkout, ends 11/25, also free shipping on any US order
- Ulta Beauty – shop Ulta Beauty Cyber Fundays this weekend online only 11/20 and 11/21
- YSL Beauty – 20% off purchases $75 or more plus complimentary shipping and 2 deluxe samples, if you spend $150 or more, you will receive an additional YSL Signature Brush Set
- If you haven’t tried the glossy stains, you need to! Swatches of the Pop Water Glossy Stain Lip Colors in this post here
Have a great weekend! If you know of any other good weekend sales, let me know in the comments.