Charlotte Tilbury finally relaunched her Pillow Talk Eyeshadow Palette and Pillow Talk Cheek to Chic Blush at Nordstrom and online Charlotte Tilbury. If you’re like me you probably blinked and missed out a few times as it sold out very quickly. I finally hauled the eyeshadow quad, I’ve tested both the blush and shadow and have a review today with lots of swatches.
The Pillow Talk Lip Cheat Lip Pencil has been a favorite since I first swatched it. She launched her Pillow Talk Matte Revolution Lipstick in 2017 and it’s been one of my daily go-to’s. Both are the perfect pink rose nude lip colors for me. The coordinating Pillow Talk Eyeshadow Quad and Blush go nicely with the lips but are significantly warmer on my skin tone.
Pillow Talk Luxury Eyeshadow Palette
The Pillow Talk Luxury Eyeshadow Palette has four shades, a soft shimmery rose pink champagne, a matte warm pink brown, a rose gold glitter and a warm matte brown. The quad gives a very nice pink brown eye look with a rose-gold kind of vibe. Alone it doesn’t have enough colors to complete a full eye look for me, the deepest shade isn’t dark enough to define the eyes. This isn’t a deal breaker – I just add a pencil liner. Pigment is smooth with medium coverage. They layer nicely without any fall out. I definitely need a creamy shadow base like her Eyes to Mesmerise Cream Eyeshadows first to help the color pop a little more. They’re muted and I think it is intended to be muted, but for a little more pigment a cream base helps. It’s a nice palette but not life changing for me. To me this was a little over-hyped especially since it sold out so quickly multiple times. I have no regrets purchasing it but it looks a lot warmer on my skintone than what I see in the palette/compact. For my complexion/skintone I prefer her Exagger-Eyes Palette because it’s not as pink.
Quality/lasting power is true to all her quads. I had no issues with application. It stayed put on eyes without migrating all day long. Glitter adheres best when used as a top coat applied with fingers in a pressing/dabbing motion.
Comparison to Exagger-Eyes (reviewed here):
Pillow Talk Cheek to Chic Blush
The Pillow Talk Cheek to Chic Blush is one of her more shimmery blushes. Most have a satiny glow, this one has a lot more visible shimmer but it’s not frosty. Swirled together you get a soft warm peach brown with a slight pink undertone. I really love this color and formula. Her Cheek to Chic Blushes are among my favorites (tied with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes) because they make the complexion glow without looking overdone. I own all of hers except one color (The Climax) and think they’re a must-have for those who want a pretty blush that always looks fresh, doesn’t oxidize or darken and isn’t too flat or too shimmery. Lasting power is excellent. I truly appreciate these don’t oxidize especially in humid weather conditions. Swatch comparisons below:
- Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush in Pillow Talk individual vs swirled
- Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic in Sex on Fire
- MAC Satin Blush in Sur
- Becca Luminous Blush in Blushed Copper
Pillow Talk Makeup look below wearing her Pillow Talk colors plus a few other things:
- Foundation is Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Foundation in Buff + Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Filter in 4 + 5 mixed for a little more color/glow
- Powder to set is the Armani Neo Nude Powder in 5.5
- Brows are the Anastasia Brow Wiz Pencil in Caramel
- Eyeshadow Base is the Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise in Jean as a base
- Eyeshadow is the Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Quad all colors
- Mascara is L’Oreal Lash Paradise Waterproof
- Blush is Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic in Pillow Talk
- Lips are Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat + Matte Revolution in Pillow Talk with Pat McGrath Lust Gloss in Sunset Rose on top for more color (this is almost an exact match to the lipstick, just brightens the look)
- Pink Clay cashmere sweater is the Madewell (also have and love this in other colors!)
Pillow Talk Swatches:
One last look:
Overall I think the Pillow Talk blush is a solid winner. I’m lukewarm about the Pillow Talk eyeshadow palette because the colors pull very warm/pink on me. The best wearable pinkish eyeshadow palette for me has been the Urban Decay Naked3. I still have yet to find one that tops either of those.