Loving Right Now Roundup

10 Things I’m Loving Right Now

March 12, 2018

Loving Right Now, Glow Recipe Watermelon Juice Moisturizer, Charlotte Tilbury Brightening Youth Glow, Shu Uemura Art of Hair Serum, Armani Lip Magnet 508, Bronze Eyeliner NARS, Hourglass Sisley-Paris, Marc Jacobs Cream and Sugar Lip Gloss, Lanolips Coconut

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend. Starting the week with a highlight of 10 things that I’ve been loving in the beauty world. There are a lot of spring launches I’ll be covering soon. So many pretty palettes for cheeks and eyes that I’m really excited about and swatching this week. In the meantime a few things in skin, hair and makeup I think are worth checking out right now.

Charlotte Tilbury Brightening Youth Glow, Marc Jacobs Cream and Sugar, Armani Lip Magnet 508, NARS Kohliner Altiplano, Hourglass 1.5MM Bronze Eyeliner, Sisley Phyto-Khol Star Waterproof Brown

Shown above from left to right:

• Charlotte Tilbury Brightening Youth Glow Primer ($55) is an ultra smooth glow primer with a soft pearlescent sheen. It’s designed to be color-correcting and help with redness. I find it on the sheer side so for me it doesn’t quite color correct but it does noticeably brighten the skin and prepare it better for foundation application. I’ve also been experimenting with her Hollywood Flawless Filter in a few shades. I’ve worn her Magic Foundation in Shades 5, 6 and 7 depending on how tan I am. I ordered her Hollywood Flawless Filter in 3 and 4. Review soon, but I’ve been loving how versatile it is underneath or on top of foundation.
  • Marc Jacobs Cream and Sugar Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer ($28) in Cream and Sugar is now available in the full size. Review and swatches of the lipgloss, lipstick and liner in this post.
  • Armani Lip Magnet in 508 ($38) launched late last year, a few new shades were added to the line. I fell in love with 508 which is the lightest option in the formula and a light neutral nude pink. I also really liked 510 which is a pink plum but found it similar to 507 which I already own and reviewed so passed on that color. I’ve added swatches to the Tatouage Couture Liquid Matte Lip Stains in the nude shades I own below (review here).
  • I’ve always been a bronze eyeliner fanatic. I find it more interesting than basic browns but still falls in the neutral territory. Three I’ve been obsessed with that don’t smudge, tug or feel dry include:

________________________________

The Daily Edited Large Cosmetic Bag, Glow Recipe Watermelon Sleeping Mask, Glow Recipe Watermelon Juice Moisturizer, Shu Uemura Art of Hair Serum and Lanolips Coconut Balm

Shown above:

• Lanolips has been a favorite for a long time for an affordable lip balm that is super hydrating. My favorite has been the Lips 101 Ointment Strawberry Multi-Balm and as the ultimate coconut lover, I went nuts when I learned they launched a Coconutter Multi-Balm version and ordered 3. You can find it at Nordstrom and Ulta Beauty. It’s been in my top 3 lip treatments this past month (the other two loves are Sisley and By Terry). The Lanolips gives instant relief, has a thick enough texture to really hydrate and stay on the lips but doesn’t feel goopy or thick. I haven’t tried the Coconut Hand Cream version yet but I am really tempted to.
  • Shu Uemura Art of Hair Urban Moisture Hydro-Nourishing Double Serum ($38) is a leave-in conditioner spray. It’s bi-phase so you have to shake it to mix the two serums. I’ve rediscovered this (I used it a few years ago and loved it and used it up). I’ve found this to be really good to add moisture, shine and help detangle the hair. I can use it as a pre-heat treatment or just spray and let it air dry.
  • Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask ($45) is something I feel 100% lives up to all the hype. It has the best fresh watermelon scent that is very natural smelling and isn’t overly sweet. I’m super picky about what I put on my face at night because I don’t like feeling or smelling product. I feel like it interferes with my sleep, but I still do use night time skincare. The Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask feels amazing on the skin. Hydrating but still lightweight. It’s a truly breathable sleeping mask that has soothing watermelon extract, hydrating hyaluronic acid, and gentle AHAs. I do wake up with noticeably smoother and balanced skin. It’s something I think everyone should check out. They have the cutest Mini Size ($22 for 1 oz) I plan on taking with me whenever I travel.
  • Glow Recipe Watermelon Pink Juice Moisturizer ($39) is the latest from Glow Recipe. It’s an ultra lightweight moisturizer for oily to combination skin. For me it has just the right amount of moisture but if you’re dry they recommend using it as a serum to layer on before your regular moisturizer. It has a bouncy gel texture which feels really nice and smooth on the face (I usually do not like gels because they’re sticky). It softens and calms my skin.
  • Also this one makes for favorite #11 but I get so many questions about the large cosmetic pouches I have. The one above is by The Daily Edited, it’s the Large Cosmetic Case. I bought two of mine with the Blind Monogram Initials (which means they just emboss it with letters but there’s no gold foil). I’ve also featured my pouches in these posts Best Travel Beauty Cases, San Francisco Travel Packing and Sisley September Subscription Highlights.

That wraps up 10 things I’m loving right now! More to come this week featuring new spring makeup launches. What are you loving right now? P.S. I am going to resume weekly giveaways this week. For the month of March, they will be announced weekly to blog newsletter subscribers only. Make sure you’re subscribed to stay in the loop!

Press samples include Glow Recipe Skincare + Sisley Eyeliner.

You Might Also Like

• Laura @laurantaina March 12, 2018 at 1:29 pm

The Glow Recipe products sound very promising, I always thought they were “just” Instagram-worthy products with pretty packaging. Glad to hear they are nice! That Sisley pencil stole my heart, I might need to pay a visit to a local counter.. Lovely photos as always, S!

xx Laura / Laura Loukola Art & Beauty Blog

• BeautyLookBook March 15, 2018 at 10:03 pm

LOL me too! But yes, I really like the mask for a lightweight night time skincare treatment.

• Glenda March 12, 2018 at 1:42 pm

Oh, I didn’t know Hourglass had eyeliners in colors other than black! Like you, I’m a fan of the bronze-y colors! I like Pat Mcgrath’s, though I’m sure I could find similar for less out there, hehe.
    The YSL stains are a favorite of mine too, I just find unfortunate the amount of fragrance in them.

What I’ve been very into lately is Green Beauty, though! I’d like to make the transition to green products only, but it’s so hard after so many years of wearing “regular” make up… I’ve been in a cream-everything kick. Cream bronzer, blush, highlight. I just love the dewy, fresh-looking finish they have.

• Swingtime March 12, 2018 at 6:51 pm

I love cream products to and use them almost exclusively. I just rediscovered the Kjaer Weis items stash and have fallen in love with them again–foundation, blush, lip tint. They’ve come out with several new items recently (lipsticks, glosses, eye pencils), so you might enjoy checking them out. They’re pricey, but I don’t think there is a better green beauty line on the market. (And the products don’t go bad within months!)

• Glenda March 12, 2018 at 8:31 pm

Oh, I’m addicted to Kjaer Weises blushes! I think I own at least four, and there’s at least two others on my radar. I also love Rituel de Fille – they don’t smell good, but the blushes and highlights are very pigmented and opaque!
        I saw KW recently came out with lipglosses, and I’m terribly tempted… also been meaning to try her Sensuous Plum lip tint!
        Thank you for taking the time to reply to me 🙂

• Swingtime March 13, 2018 at 6:02 am

Glenda, how funny that you mentioned Sensuous Plum–I just refilled mine today! It’s all that–not too purple, not too red, not too cool, not too warm. I adore it. I recently bought one of their lipsticks but haven’t tried it yet, although it looks gorgeous.

I’m a KW blush junkie, too. The shades are gorgeous and I find them very easy to work with and very natural-looking on the skin. They now have a “Collector’s Kit” that holds a foundation, two blushes (or a bulsh/highlighter or highlighter/bronzer …), two shadows, and a lip tint. I wish they had one just for blush pans!

I got some Rituel de Fille samples around Christmas, but haven’t gotten around to ordering yet. Their products are unique and wonderful. I have their cream blush in Desire, and it’s the most wonderful cool, true mauve. So many lovely cream blushes and only two cheeks!

Nice chatting with you! Most people haven’t even heard of KW. It’s nice to meet another enthusiast!

• BeautyLookBook March 15, 2018 at 10:00 pm

That’s one line I haven’t tried, I tend to avoid cream products except for NARS, TF and MAC. Will have to look into it!

• bobekecske March 17, 2018 at 7:36 pm

The only boutique that sells K.W in my city has a rather small collection. I was very excited to check out the testers but they gave the inpression of an expired product: consistency and scent wise.
        May I ask what is your expereince regarding their scent? I would guess they don’t really scent their products, but they should be relatively scent-free? Would you recommend their blushes for combination skin types? Thank you!

• Swingtime March 18, 2018 at 3:20 am

Hi! I’m ridiculously sensitive to scents, but find KW products to have only the slightest, slightest scent of–shea butter? It’s a neutral scent as opposed to herbal (if that makes sense), but so extremely light and it dissipates so quickly that I don’t even notice it. I recently purchased one of their lipsticks and I love it because I don’t smell a thing when I apply it, and that’s rare for me. (They are wonderful, too.) The cream products are among the best I’ve ever used–high quality, creamy, easy to work with, stay put, and, unlike most “natural” products, don’t go bad in six months. I use the blushes, foundation, lip tint, and lipstick (I’m not a highlighter/bronzer fan) and find that I reach for them often. The shades are mostly classic and although the line is well-edited, there’s something for every complexion. The blushes are creamy but not greasy, so I think that unless your cheeks are *very* oily, you’d be extremely pleased with them. They give a truly lovely glow. I hope this helps!

• Susan March 18, 2018 at 9:54 am

I use KW powder, lipstick (the KW red is just the perfect red) and the balm-lipstick hybrid. I was told the foundation is not so good if you have a tendency to break out. I love the elegant compacts and the fact that they are refillable. I have not detected a scent or taste. I have both ordered from the website and purchased from a local vendor. The website has really quick shipping. I also like Jane Iredale cosmetics. Vapour is a nice, green line. Their foundation stick and stick primer are great.

• Swingtime March 18, 2018 at 6:49 pm

Hi Susan–do you like the powder? I haven’t taken the plunge on it yet. I’m glad to see KW expand their line–it’s still well-edited, and it had been pretty much the same for years. I wish I’d had better luck with Vapour–I love the concept, but they put myrrh and frankincense in almost every product and I can’t tolerate the smell. Darn.

• Susan March 18, 2018 at 8:15 pm

I do like the powder. I carry it in my purse, along with the brush, for touch ups.

• Swingtime March 19, 2018 at 6:16 pm

Thank you! Next purchase recorded!

• BeautyLookBook March 15, 2018 at 9:59 pm

I didn’t either until recently! Canyon is their brown shade which is kinda boring but I love it! Pat McGrath’s pencil is amazing but the only downside is you have to sharpen it 🙁

Love your recent loves!

• Millie Robinson March 12, 2018 at 2:00 pm

I love the Glow Recipe mask, I need to pick up the moisturiser version!! x

Millie | http://www.bymillie.co.uk

• Julia Speaks March 12, 2018 at 2:18 pm

Wow the three bronzer liners are beautiful! I couldn’t pick a favourite. I’ve been loving liner that’s not black recently (I usually go for a sparkly khaki green for Urban Decay at the moment) but I need to add a bronze one to my collection. The Sisley shade is gorgeous I have to say!

Julia x
    Last Post: A Week in San Diego, CA | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/travel-week-in-san-diego-california.html

• Erin Russell March 12, 2018 at 4:11 pm

I really really want to try the Watermelon items from Glow Recipe, they look amazing!! They are SO high on the wishlist at the moment, but I need to finish up some other bits first! 🙁

Erin || MakeErinOver

• Frankly Flawless March 12, 2018 at 5:29 pm

I have heard such great things about the Watermelon Sleeping Mask – I would love to try it too x

franklyflawless.com

• Bernadette March 12, 2018 at 5:44 pm

All these products look so gorgeous! I particularly want to try that watermelon sleeping mask which I have heard endless good things about!

• BeautyLookBook March 15, 2018 at 10:02 pm

The Sleeping Mask is pure love!

• Swingtime March 12, 2018 at 6:54 pm

Sabrina, do you use the Hourglass pencil on the waterline or on the lid? I’ve been wanting to buy at least one for ages, but I don’t line my waterline and am wondering if they work well on the lid. That bronze shade is spectacular! Great post and photos (as always), BTW. Thanks!

• BeautyLookBook March 15, 2018 at 10:02 pm

I’ve tried both, but I rarely line on the waterline because EVERYTHING smudges on me. Plus I rub my eyes a lot.

On the lids the pencil lasts a long time. HTH!

• Swingtime March 18, 2018 at 3:10 am

It does! Thank you so much!

• Kirsten Norman March 12, 2018 at 7:06 pm

This is so helpful! I’ve been debating between the CT Youth Glow Primer and the Flawless Filter, now I think I’ll try the former first as I could really use the reduction in redness. I love bronze eyeliners- they are warm, soft, glowy, and still provide some eye definition. I’ve never seen anything quite like the Sisley Sparkling Brown! Will be adding it to my wish list. Along with others, I thought the watermelon sleep mask was trendy and gimicky (smells like watermelon, comes in millennial pink). It’s super cool to hear it is a great product. I love the Laneige water sleep mask, and even keep a mini on hand so I have it when traveling. I think I’ll try the smaller watermelon one and see how it goes! #beautylookbookfam

• BeautyLookBook March 15, 2018 at 10:01 pm

Hi Kirsten, let me know what you end up picking for the CT, I should have a review of the Flawless Filter soon!

• Anne Capitant March 13, 2018 at 12:08 am

I’ve been eyeing those Hourglass liners for AGES but I have to wait until I’ve whittled my current liner collection down a bit before getting them. Can’t wait!

• Candice @ Beauty Candy Loves March 13, 2018 at 1:00 am

The glow sleeping mask sounds really good!

Candice | beautycandyloves.co.za

• Daria Ed March 13, 2018 at 5:02 am

I have several products that you have mentioned and I am loving them <3
    -Daria

• lawler March 13, 2018 at 8:16 am

Right now I am loving MILK’s Sunshine Oil. It could easily replace some of my past favorite oils if it were not for that frustrating rollerball. I want to be able to control how I use a product!

• BeautyLookBook March 15, 2018 at 10:01 pm

Ahhh yes, it looked really interesting to me!

• YourBeautyPantry March 13, 2018 at 9:28 am

That sleep mask!

• Anna March 14, 2018 at 10:29 pm

I am loving my Longchamps pliage cosmetic bag. It is sturdy and beautiful. The best part for me is the zipper-I like that I can keep it unzipped in my purse to reach in and get a quick swipe of gloss or spritz of fragrance and my stuff doesn’t fall out. The zipper is on the side of the top so the contents don’t fall out and the bottom is flat so it stands upright on its own. I got it in a bright color so I can easily see it in my large crowded every day to work purse

• BeautyLookBook March 15, 2018 at 10:00 pm

Longchamp makes such classic pieces! Your bright color sounds super fun 🙂

• Jane S March 17, 2018 at 11:35 am

AHH I really need to try the Armani lip magnet. I have similar lips to yours so these swatches are helpful. Thank you! #beautylookbookfam

• Meghan M March 17, 2018 at 11:37 am

Thank you for a great post! I have both the glow recipe sleeping mask and moisturizer and love them! I also use the lanolips strawberry ointment balm every day. i really want to try the new coconut one.
    #beautylookbookfam

• Deborah March 17, 2018 at 11:44 am

Which Jo Malone fragrance are you loving these days? I noticed a bottle peeking out of the back of the photo so naturally I am curious 🙂 #beautylookbookfam

• BeautyLookBook March 17, 2018 at 1:11 pm

Good eye! It’s Wood Sage and Sea Salt, also love Wild Bluebell!

• Katie T March 17, 2018 at 12:33 pm

I love so many of these picks! I’m a bronzey eyeliner collector too, MAC Teddy and Marc Jacobs Rococoa are my favorites, as well as the Bobbi Brown cream shadow stick in golden bronze. Other favorites lately are Urban Decay Naked lipstick, Chanel le volume mascara (always), and the Charlotte Tilbury contour wand. #beautylookbookfam

• Fat White Cat March 17, 2018 at 12:59 pm

I love Lanolips! I didn’t know about the coconut flavor though. I also really want to try the watermelon moisturizer 🙂 #beautylookbookfam

• Collar Wilson March 17, 2018 at 1:26 pm

#beautylookbookfam. I really want to try the Glow Recipe products. I’ve never heard of them before and your review has sparked some interest!

• Kendra Miller March 17, 2018 at 2:26 pm

I’m super interested in the Glow Recipe Watermelon moisturizer as I’ve been hearing a lot about it. I have combo skin that is on the oilier side so i have to be careful to use lighter weight moisturizer. I love that you say it calms your skin — maybe trying that one soon! #beautylookbookfam

• Julia March 17, 2018 at 2:26 pm

I went out and bought the smaller size of the Glow Recipe sleeping mask yesterday at Sephora. Maybe I’m just lazy, but I love putting hair and skin masks on at night and waking up feeling like I’ve already done something good for myself. #beautylookbookfam

• Lisa March 17, 2018 at 12:41 pm

The watermelon glow looks pretty incredible. It seems like it would be refreshing for warmer weather. #beautylookbookfam

• Rachel March 17, 2018 at 4:54 pm

I really like the look of the Armani lip magnet, looks like a great option for everyday wear! #beautylookbookfam

• Steph William March 17, 2018 at 5:11 pm

I’ve heard so much about the hourglass eyeliners, but can’t seem to move myself away from my favourite Marc Jacobs highliners! Will have to test their bronze shade to see if it holds up #beautylookbookfam

• Jenny Au March 17, 2018 at 5:16 pm

Lanolips has just been available in Canada and you’ve convinced me to give it a try! I’m looking forward to adding a new lip balm to my purse, desk, car, and every room in the house! #beautylookbookfam

• Dahlia March 17, 2018 at 5:54 pm

I have only just began diving into Marc Jacobs beauty products recently and have been more than pleasantly surprised. I bought the Le Marc Liquid Creme Lipstick in Slow Burn after seeing it on your blog and deciding to try it on a recent trip to Sephora…such an amazing dusty rose color! I also just purchased one of his New Nudes Sheer Gel lipsticks in (you guessed it) a dusty rose color after trying it as well. So this makes me want to try his lip lacquers since I’ve been hearing about them everywhere. #beautylookbookfam

• Justyna March 17, 2018 at 7:12 pm

You make everything look so pretty and desirable, even simple Lanolips balm! Everything here is visual pleasure (and pleasure to read, of course!). #beautylookbookfam

• bobekecske March 17, 2018 at 7:42 pm

That Armani lip magnet seems like the perfect colour – albeit I am far lighter, but I will have to check it out. 🙂
    Can’t seem to find information and I’m so curious, which Jo Malone fragrance have you been using recently? Or did the bottle only make the shot decour-wise? 🙂
    Have you had the chance to try the new English Fields collection? It recently launched here and I’m very fond of the scents. Although they might be a bit too much for hotter weather, here it’s still/again winter.
    #beautylookbookfam

• nelle March 17, 2018 at 7:44 pm

I think I am one of the last few on earth who has not tried the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask, lol! I need to try it soon! #beautylookbookfam

• Stephanie March 17, 2018 at 7:50 pm

Lanolips is on sale at Ulta this week, buy one, get one 50% off. A good time to try both the strawberry and coconut flavors!

• Cindy Aiton March 17, 2018 at 9:32 pm

I definitely need to try Lanolips! Winter always dries out my skin and lips but this year has been especially bad. Thank you so much for sharing your favorites and introducing me to Lanolips. #beautylookbookfam

• K Davis March 17, 2018 at 11:14 pm

I’ve been hearing such wonderful things about the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask, that I purchased it. I would eventually love to try all of your loves. #beautylookbookfam

• Katelyn Du Sherman March 18, 2018 at 12:02 am

Oh gosh this is so beautiful! I tried the watermelon sleeping mask and the scent is a dream! And those lip colors are all so gorgeous! I love YSL lip stains. #beautylookbookfam

• Tahrer March 18, 2018 at 12:48 am

I def wanna try the lanolips coconutter. Even the name sounds fun! <3 #beautylookbookfam

• lucy nguyen March 18, 2018 at 1:02 am

I currently have three lanolip products on rotation (Lemonaid, Tinted in perfect nude and Fruities in pear) but I’m still buying the coconut because AS IF I could pass that up! #beautylookbookfam

• Amanda Jimenez March 18, 2018 at 1:21 am

Lanolips is so good! I’m currently loving the tinted version in perfect nude. Looks great on my light-medium olive skin tone. #beautylookbookfam

• chelsealee March 18, 2018 at 1:51 am

#beautylookbookfam

I love Sisley products and would love a chance in your giveaway. This is hands down my favorite most inspirational blog…plus I discovered byredo perfume on here and it’s changed my life!! Thankyou Sabrina. ❤️

• Jenn E March 18, 2018 at 2:21 am

Glad to hear that the Glow sleeping mask lives up to the hype! I could definitely use something like that these days! #beautylookbookfam

• Federica March 18, 2018 at 4:11 am

Hourglass eyeliner is on my wishlist too but i those shimmering Khol from Nars and Sisley are really attractive 🙂 The colour you choose for the Armani lip Magnet is the perfect go-to and i think that is flattering for everyone 🙂 Regarding Armani lipstick, i’m in love with the Ecstasy Shine formula: my favourite colour is 101 called “Skin”. Do you reviewed them? 🙂 #beautylookbookfam

• hofken March 18, 2018 at 12:21 am

Some new products to try! I also see Jo Malone peeking through. Hopefully, you’ll do a review. #beautylookbookfam

• Mary-Irene Marek March 18, 2018 at 8:33 am

The packaging alone for Glow Recipe has me interested because I am a sucker for pretty things!! Also, the lanolips is one I’ve been interested in because I can never find something for the lips that really works (and I mean really works- I’ve been using the Clinique overnight lip mask, and it’s pretty good). Your recommendations never steer me wrong!! #beautylookbookfam

• Karin Moore March 18, 2018 at 11:37 am

Love hearing/reading “favorites” blogs…Always so informative, so helpful…yours are INCREDIBLE! Thank you!
    #beautylookbookfam ❤️

• Charli Griffith March 18, 2018 at 4:27 pm

Beautiful favourites!
    For skincare I am loving May Lindstrom’s Blue Cocoon Melt, my skin is loving it. I get extremely dry & irritated skin & I tried many different skincare products but nothing completely calmed it down until Blue Cocoon.
    For makeup I’m loving La Prairie’s foundation & concealer, it covers everything I want covered but leaves me feeling like it’s my own skin. I also can’t put down my By Terry face palette from a year or two ago. It’s such an easy on the go look. Add some mascara & lipliner & lipgloss and I’m out the door.
    I hope you’re having a good weekend Sabrina!!

• Natalie Estey Greene March 18, 2018 at 10:19 pm

I love Charlotte Tilbury! I will really consider trying this product now that you say you are loving it! #beautylookbookfam

• talker blogger March 19, 2018 at 12:35 am

For some reason Or the other, I have not had a chance to try the Armani lip magents!! I am actually excited about them

• BooBooNinja March 19, 2018 at 2:29 am

The retro Lanolips logo is fabulous!
    #beautylookbookfam