There’s a super cute NARSissist Velvet Lip Glide Set ($45) which is an Ulta Exclusive. It has six new shades which are really perfect for summer but wearable year round. I found this at my local store – they don’t have the full line of NARS but did carry a small selection including this set. The velvet lip glides are minis (same size as the Sephora Give Me Some Nude Lips Set) and I’m beyond thrilled all the colors are new. It comes in a pretty pink box:
Colors include cream colors. All the colors are consistently medium to full coverage with a smooth streak-free finish. Pigment is really good and they have a natural sheen even though they have a velvety finish. I don’t detect any scent in these and they feel comfortable on the lips. Lasting power is medium – they have a similar lasting power to a regular lipstick. I love that the formula feels weightless and doesn’t dry out my sensitive lips.
- Rapture a medium soft coral peach
- Night Together soft neutral medium pink brown with a hint of plum
- Californication cool-toned mauve
- Immoral bright pink
- Staying Alive vibrant plum
- Burning Love is a bright red coral
Full size vs minis and some comparison swatches:
- NARS Velvet Lip Glide in Playpen and Bound (review here)
- Marc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Lip Creme in Slow Burn (review here, love this color and formula)
- NARS Velvet Lip Glide in Suck
- Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick in Chutney (swatched here)
I think the set is a great buy. Colors are very wearable but not boring. Even the brighter ones are easy to wear especially for summer. If you haven’t tried the NARS Velvet Lip Glide formula this is a nice way to try more than one shade without having to buy the full sizes.
You can find the NARSissist Velvet Lip Glide Set exclusively at Ulta Beauty. Have you tried this one yet? What did you think?