Charlotte Tilbury’s latest in beauty is a new Instant Look In A Palette called Beauty Glow ($75, made in Italy). This is the darkest option of the three that have been released to date. Natural Beauty (reviewed here) was one that looked so pretty swatched on my arm but was too sheer to show up on my face. I ended up gifting it away. Seductive Beauty was launched last year with deeper options (review here) but I have not reached for it very often as I’ve found I still prefer her individual products, palette-wise I’ve found myself using the By Terry Sun Designer Palette #2 or Tom Ford Winter Soleil Palettes instead. The latest one in Beauty Glow is the best one yet. At first glance I suspected it would be too warm with the warm browns and rose gold shades but it’s actually just perfect. Quality wise everything is excellent, however I have mixed feelings about the face products. The pigment isn’t bad – just by comparison her individual Filmstar Bronze and Glows and her Cheek to Chic Blushes are so much better in terms of pigment and texture leaving me wanting a bit more for the palette. In general I feel the face products in her palettes are on the sheer side with a slightly powdery feel.
A closer look at the palette and color descriptions. These palettes are truly for the person on-the-go. It’s designed for a quick and easy look or for touch ups. It’s goof proof, simple in concept and super easy to use. If you’re into a super natural look, want as few steps as possible, but still want to look like you have some makeup on these palettes are definitely worth a look.
There are 3 eyeshadows with labeled numbers so you know what order to apply. The colors can be applied as a wash or gradient as they go from light to dark. Cheek options include bronzer/contour, two blush shades and a highlighter.
- 1 Eyeshadow is to brighten, it’s a shimmery peachy champagne color, I love this one!
- 2 Eyeshadow is a stunning shimmering copper shade, I want this in a larger pan, it has the right amount of warmth to be coppery-rose but doesn’t give me a red pink-eye look
- 3 Eyeshadow is a matte warm brown, pigment is excellent
- 4 Face is a bronze shade, it has a slight hint of shimmer but applies more like a matte
- 5 Cheek is a brown terracotta like blush, it looks scary in the pan but applies with a semi sheer finish and is easy to blend out
- 6 Cheek is a sheer coral pink with a hint of shimmer
- 7 Highlight is a pale off-white shimmer on my skin
Swatches with a medium hand:
Swatches with a heavier hand:
Quick five-minute face (if you exclude foundation and base application because that usually takes me a while):
- Foundation is Diorskin Forever Perfect Foundation in 30 Medium Beige (I’m experimenting with both 30 and 31 as I’m changing color by the day, even 5 minutes of sun here is pretty intense but if I stay out of the sun for a couple days then I lose color just as fast as I darken)
- Powder is Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish #2 Medium
- Cheeks and Eyes is the Palette in Beauty Glow
- Brows have the Diorshow Brow Styler in Universal Brown + Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brows in Super Model to keep them in place
- Lip color combo is Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Iconic Nude and KISSING Lipstick in Hepburn Honey
- Top by Caslon (for sizing reference I went with a PXS)
A quick look at Seductive Beauty vs Beauty Glow. For some reason this round I couldn’t fit all the swatches on one arm. I’ve done it before so I don’t know why I had so much trouble this round. You can see Seductive Beauty review in this post here.
Overall thoughts are this is a good palette. I think that it is the best one she has launched to date. I love the shadows in this palette and wish I could buy them all separately. I’m going to have to hunt for a good dupe on the Eye #2 color because it’s just perfect. The cheek colors are smooth and have sheer to medium color payoff. Again I don’t think they are bad, it’s just that her individual face products are far superior in quality and texture (at least in my opinion) so by comparison they’re just ok. I think the entire set is worth the $75 price point for a combination of factors: color selection, pigment, convenience, ease of use and quality. That being said if there are only a handful of shades you like then I’d say pass and buy something you think you’ll use more of.
You can find the Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look in a Palette in Beauty Glow online at Charlotte Tilbury. Have you tried this yet? What did you think? If you have any rose-gold shadow favorites let me know! So far I still have and love the Urban Decay Naked3 which has some amazing rose shades but doesn’t have warm options. Always on the hunt for wearable rose-gold copper ones – they are hard to come by for me!
Beauty Glow Palette and Legendary Brows featured were press samples.