The next batch of lipstick swatches for the Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipsticks includes Verbena, Sorbet, Fig, Chai, Molasses and Nori ($26 each). I’m working my way through posting lip swatches of all 34 shades that just launched at Sephora. Today’s roundup includes some more shades that are kinda in the neutral category but ones with a bit of kick and color. For quick reference in case you missed the previous posts, these lip swatches are simply that – just swatches of the colors on my lips. For the full review on formula, lasting power, texture, pigment etc, see this post here.
Colors and how they appear on my skin (in the lip swatches below I’m wearing the NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint in St. Moritz):
- Verbena is described as a rose terracotta online, it’s a warm peach that pulls orangey on my lips, I can see how they might describe it having a bit of rose since it’s not a true orange
- Sorbet is a watermelon pink, full feature on this shade in this post here (you can also see lasting power demonstrated by a fresh swatch, and another swatch 5 hours later)
- Fig is a muted soft nude rose, you can see the original vs. new formula swatched here, this is a good pinky rose for those who want something natural and pinky but don’t want a pale shade
- Chai is described as a mauve brown, to me it’s not quite mauvey – it’s more of a warm brown with a hint of pink/brick undertones – do note I pull a lot of red in lip colors so Chai will most likely appear more neutral on you and less red
- Molasses is described as a rich toffee, I agree with this assessment, it’s a neutral medium brown shade on the lips, there’s no hint of pink or red
- Nori is a deep brown red, it’s almost a vampy color but it has enough red and lightness to it that it’s not too dark, it’s still very deep in undertone though
You can probably guess which ones are my favorite in this roundup: Fig, Sorbet, Verbena and Chai. I do think Fig and Sorbet are very similar and if you’re trying to decide between the two, go for Sorbet if you like brighter shades. If you want something safer and slightly more muted, Fig is the safe no fail color.
You can find the Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipsticks at Sephora for $26 each.
Lipsticks provided courtesy of Bite Beauty for review consideration.