There are a lot of bright cool-toned pinks in the Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche lipstick lineup. I’m not typically one who likes to wear cool-toned pinks because they often clash with my yellow/olive skin undertones. Every one of these pinks is perfect in terms of perfect coverage and smooth texture. I personally can only see myself wearing a couple of these colors comfortably (Radish or Sangria) – most are outside my comfort zone but they are remarkably gorgeous. If I’m feeling brave I will probably wear one of the lighter shades mixed with a bit of a neutral liner to tone down the brightness. In this post includes the colors Gin Fizz, Cotton Candy, Dragonfruit, Kimchi, Radish and Sangria. They are bright and creamy but don’t bleed around the edges (with or without liner). I think there are a few shades in this lineup that are extremely similar Gin Fizz and Cotton Candy look almost identical and also Dragonfruit and Kimchi are very close in color.
- Gin Fizz is a cool-toned bright pink described as an orchid pink
- Cotton Candy is also a cool-toned pink, described as a blue-toned violet, it’s similar to Gin Fizz but Cotton Candy is slightly lighter and has a more powdery looking feel on the lips
- Dragonfruit is a fuchsia pink
- Kimchi is a bright high impact hot pink, it’s also similar to Dragonfruit, Kimchi is slightly lighter while Dragonfruit has a slightly deeper undertone and finish
- Radish is an amazing magenta berry red, the flash brings out some of the brightness, in natural light it looks a bit deeper on the lips
- Sangria is a rich blue-toned pink but has more warmth and red compared to the others
Lip swatches on bare lips, they have full opaque coverage with one swipe. For skintone reference I’m wearing Becca Aqualuminous Foundation in Beige on the skin.
Bite just may have changed my mind about cool-toned pink lip colors. I’ve been kinda liking the look of Gin Fizz on my lips. Radish is the perfect special occasion date night kind of lip when I’m feeling bolder. I do think some of these are very similar – but the best thing about these is that they have different undertones. I know many beauty lovers are very particular about undertone for their skintones – so even though they are similar I can appreciate the fact that Bite seemed to take this into consideration to suit different skintones – you can find one whether you’re skin undertones are olive, pink, peach or neutral or cool.
You can find the Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipsticks at Sephora for $26 each.
Full review on formula, ingredients, texture, lasting power posted here.
Swatches of neutrals Souffle, Sugarcane, Honeycomb, Meringue, Sake, Pepper and Rhubarb in this post here.
Lipsticks provided courtesy of Bite Beauty for review consideration.