Diptyque Boutique Maiden Lane – San Francisco

Diptyque | Maiden Lane, San Francisco

I took a much-needed mini vacation this month with my husband. We spent a week in San Francisco visiting family and friends. I’ve been a die-hard Diptyque fan so the Diptyque Store on Maiden Lane was on my list of must-see places. The store featured the new Diptyque Electric Diffuser (quite impressive) which will accomodate a small selection of scents in 34 boulevard st germain, Figuier, Baies, Amber and Feu de Bois. Both my husband and I were seriously tempted.

The Maiden Lane boutique is a small intimate store. It has a warm slightly rustic-library feel with the wood shelves and decor. The store is split into an upper and lower level creating a home-like feel. The combination of all the scents was so incredible. I wished I could take the entire store and transport it into my own home. I learned so much from the Diptyque staff on each of the different categories of scents – they were incredibly friendly and patient with all our questions as we asked about each candle. I’ve since developed quite a long wish list of items to try in the future. Due to our traveling situation I limited myself to 2 items (since we didn’t want to check any luggage) and purchased two of the Boutique Exclusives in Mousses (forest-moss) and Tilleul (linden tree). If you have a chance to visit one of the boutiques I highly recommend it. The store Diptyque reps are incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. The stores themselves are decorated so beautifully – I felt inspired to up the game in our own house decoration-wise with subtle candle accents.

Mini 2.4 oz candles shown below all lined up ($28 each):

Boutique accessories (photophores are store exclusives):

My picks Mousses  and Tilleul

Have you been to a Diptyque Boutique? I normally purchase my candles from Nordstrom or Barneys but fell completely in love with the Diptyque store. What are your favorite Diptyque items?

Follow the beauty look book via Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

Comments

1. October 27, 2013 / 10:48 pm

Hi Sabrina,

I loved seeing your photos of Diptyque San Francisco; the colors are so bright and very California! The two Diptyque boutiques I've seen so far are Diptyque Chicago (more serious) and Diptyque NYC on Bleecker St. (more glitzy) 🙂

• October 28, 2013 / 10:03 pm

Ooh, the Chicago and Bleeker stores sound so interesting. Love that each one seems to have a different theme which make them unique!

2. October 27, 2013 / 11:44 pm

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos! I haven't been to a Diptyque boutique yet and rely on retailers like Nordstrom,etc. I imagine it must have smelled divine inside the store 🙂

• October 28, 2013 / 10:04 pm

You're welcome. I rely on larger retailers too – was interested to learn that the Boutiques have exclusive scents and accessories. I always wondered why I couldn't find Tilleul at any stores (although I did see it online at Nordstrom).

3. October 28, 2013 / 1:15 am

You're such a Diptyque aficionado, I bet you felt like you were in heaven. I know I would have felt that way :-). Thanks for sharing your visit with us.

• October 28, 2013 / 10:04 pm

Awww Eileen you're too sweet. Yes it was what I imagine heaven might be like 🙂

4. October 28, 2013 / 1:25 am

i don't think i've been to another diptyque boutique but i quite like the one in SF! I should definitely go to the ones in chicago and NYC!

• October 28, 2013 / 10:05 pm

Ooh! Would love to hear your thoughts when you get to visit them 🙂

5. October 28, 2013 / 1:43 am

Oh my, what a lovely little store. They added a lot of nice touches to it, it's definitely a store you'd love to shop ^^. I'm pretty excited about the diffuser, now that's one of the fanciest I've ever seen! ^^

• October 28, 2013 / 10:04 pm

I agree – the diffuser is QUITE impressive!!

6. October 28, 2013 / 11:20 am

I wish to visit that adorable place one day!

October 28, 2013 / 4:42 pm

Last week I received a Diptique candel in Figuier, the colored version, I have THE best mother in law!
    I have been in the Diptique shop in St. Germain, Paris and it was exquisit.
    My favs are Mimosa and Chevrefeuille.
    Greetings from Germany

• October 28, 2013 / 10:05 pm

What a beautiful gift and yes what a wonderful mother in law!! I would die if I could visit the store in Paris!

8. October 28, 2013 / 7:40 pm

Oh wow–that must have been fantastic. I think if I were to ever visit a Diptyque Boutique I would go broke. Tilleul has been on my shopping list for a while now. I'm really curious as to how Mousses–and so many others–smell.

9. October 28, 2013 / 11:10 pm

What a gorgeous store! Very well laid out. I have never tried anything from Diptyque but has often lusted over their candles

10. October 31, 2013 / 3:23 am

I would be so pleasantly overwhelmed by all the wonderful scents! 🙂