Three Things: Diptyque Room Spray, Diptyque Candles and Bottega Louie Macarons

Affiliate Links
Currently obsessed with Diptyque. I love that the Diptyque room sprays are making a comeback. I found three at my local Nordstrom and decided to start with Baies ($65 for 3.4 oz). I’ve been a huge fan of the Baies Candle and was curious to see how the Room Spray compared. Both are similar with the mix of roses and blackcurrant leaves (floral but not too floral, sweet but not too sweet). The Baies Room Spray is quite a bit sweeter with the blackcurrant more prominent. I spritz rooms with just one spritz to fill the entire room. Lasting power is quite good – it lingers for several hours.
Two new candle discoveries include the Feullie de Lavande (a mini gift with purchase) and the new Diptyque Minä collection in Joie, Infini and Ciel ($65 each, spotted in stores at Nordstrom and Barneys NY Beverly Hills, online at Nordstrom.com and Diptyque.com). The new candles were created by minä perhonen and the house of diptyque inspired by poems written by Akira Minagawa. The candles are cased in a semi-transparent white glass with beautiful designs. More details on each to come as I open them and start to burn. The first one I’ve opened is Joie which is a fresh floral, I will write more about it in the upcoming days.

Finally I’m obsessed with Bottega Louie Macarons. I’ve never been to Paris to try the real french macarons but I hear Bottega Louie makes ones closest to the ones in Paris. My favorites are Vanilla and Earl Grey. If you go to LA, I highly recommend you visit Bottega Louie for a treat. Click over to Styled Notes to see a detailed feature on Bottega Louie.

Follow the beauty look book via Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

Comments

1. June 25, 2013 / 7:36 pm

Those macaroons are almost too pretty to eat! I've actually never tried macaroons before.

Xo

2. June 25, 2013 / 7:47 pm

Oh gosh! Those macaroons look lush! I want them! I've also wanted a diptyque candle for so long!

Nicky
    zeeblikesit.blogspot.com
    xx

3. June 25, 2013 / 8:49 pm

I just bought the Macarons yesterday!!!
    My favorites are vanilla and pistachio 🙂

• June 29, 2013 / 6:45 pm

Oooh pistachio is a good one too! I wish I could have these weekly, lol.

4. June 25, 2013 / 8:51 pm

I was in Bottega Louie yesterday!!!
    Love the macarons and my favorites are pistachio and vanilla 🙂
    Tried the earl grey one, I like it ~

5. June 25, 2013 / 8:56 pm

Hi Sabrina! Bottega Louie looks amazing – I'll be in LA next month (first visit ever), would love to hear of any other places you'd recommend!

6. June 25, 2013 / 9:58 pm

I purchased the Joie candle at Nordstrom the other day and was delighted to find another Diptyque candle I love! I also loved the powdery smell of Ciel. That may be my next purchase!

• June 29, 2013 / 6:47 pm

Ooh! I love it when I find other Diptyque fans. These new ones are very different from what Diptyque usually does. I'm not a huge fan of powdery or strong florals, but these are lovely. I agree Ciel is very very nice 🙂

7. June 26, 2013 / 3:22 pm

Bottega Louie is on my list of places to visit the next time I'm in LA. I should've went when I was there early May. Those macarons look amazing. I wonder if it's comparable to Laduree in Paris?

8. June 26, 2013 / 4:18 pm

I'm beyond obsessed with Diptyque, too, lol–especially Choisya. I saw the new minä perhonen Collection and was ecstatic. The jars look amazing. I'm definitely picking up Joie–I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

June 26, 2013 / 6:09 pm

I just ordered the Baies room spray, candle and the Mimosa candle.

• June 29, 2013 / 6:47 pm

Yay! Your house is going to smell amazing!

10. June 26, 2013 / 7:22 pm

I love a good macaron. There's a place near my work that has authentic macarons and I fell in love last year. My favorite is lavender.

11. June 26, 2013 / 10:47 pm

I love Bottega Louie macarons! Just seeing this picture makes me crave some.. I lvoe the salted caramel and earl grey ones!

12. June 27, 2013 / 11:24 pm

Wow those macarons look so amazing! There are several places around here that sell them, but nothing that look anything like those. Is that gold on them?

13. June 28, 2013 / 8:38 pm

I love macarons! My fave flavours are probably raspberry and pistachio. It's been such a while since I've had authentic French macarons. This post really makes me want some, haha! I have had the Laduree and Pierre Herme ones from Tokyo and the ones I've tried here don't even compare to those.

• June 29, 2013 / 6:48 pm

*Sigh* one day I will be able to break away from work long enough to travel – Paris and Tokyo are at the top of my list!

14. July 12, 2013 / 3:27 pm

I love my room so I bought many thing to décor my room like room sprays and candles, diffuser and much more. Actually my friends are coming to my home for study so I want them to feel good at study time. I hope your suggested room sprays may be very good.

15. October 20, 2013 / 6:04 pm

Oao!!! really nice pic!! I also love to have my room smells nice. So I searched a lot to buy the perfect room spray for my room. And I got it. Now I feel free whenever I enter my room.