Chanel Caractère #45 Rouge Coco, Chic #73 and Parfait #74 Rouge Coco Shines

There are three new lipsticks from Chanel for the fall collection:

• one Rouge Coco called Caractère #45 which is a neutral plum shimmer
  • two Rouge Coco Shines Chic #73, a grey-tan beige and Parfait #74 a pink gold

The palette this season is quite light/neutral. I these ordered sight unseen from Bergdorfs. I wasn’t quite wowed at first, but these apply much better on the lips.

Parfait is a pink gold that reminds me of a lipstick version of MAC Nymphette. It’s visible on the lips and like most Rouge Coco Shines applies beautifully but sheer. Chic looks like an unappealing grey-beige. It has a bit of shimmer in it. I was surprised it applied much prettier than it looked in the tube. Still, given the sheerness I can’t say it’s a must-have. Caractère is a beautiful plum shimmer. The pigment is excellent and color is naturally flattering and polished. It reminded me of Culte (also a relatively new shade, but from a different collection). Side by side, Culte is more purple. They are similar on my lips, I prefer the Caractère because it has a bit more depth.

I wasn’t really happy with the way the lip swatches turned out. The lipsticks are sheer but are visible on the lips. Unfortunately I don’t think it shows up very well in these photographs. I highly recommend searching other blogs for better photos. Here they are anyways.

The fall lip picks all lined up (Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss reviews to finalize the fall roundup soon). I think the lipsticks this season are gorgeous and work extremely well for me. I can’t say they are my favorites of all time but still beautiful options for fall. Out of the entire fall collection I would say that the Caractère Rouge Coco and the Troublant Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss are my top picks for lips.

Comments

1. June 28, 2012 / 3:25 pm

OMG, I want all of these! I'm always on the lookout for the perfect nude lipstick!! and the plum variants are my favorites!
    Do you know if any of them contain any moisturizing ingredients? How long do they stay put?

2. June 28, 2012 / 4:04 pm

I think that your pictures are lovely. Caractère Rouge Coco is gorgeous!!

3. Eileen
    June 28, 2012 / 4:44 pm

My picks from the collection were Caractère, Troublant, and Parfait. Parfait is beautiful on its own and over my medium rose lips, it adds a lovely dimension. It's also beautiful worn over Caractère. When I first saw Caractére in the promo picture, I was certain it would be a bit too edgy for me, but because it is an RC formula, it doesn't look heavy at all. It is a gorgeous rich plum that will look stunning this autumn and throughout the holidays. Troublant might look similar to Caractère when arm swatched, but I found that when applied to the lips, they are, in fact, different in tone. Being a liquid lipstick type of formulation also means that Troublant has a much glossier finish. Does anyone need both? No, but they sure are nice to have 🙂

Hi Rokderm,

Rouge Coco is supposedly a moisturizing formula although I personally do not find it that moisturizing (I prefer Guerlain and Clé de Peau for that). It is quite comfortable to wear, though, and is definitely not drying. It has average lipstick wear time. RC Shine is quite moisturizing and is really just a beautifully colored lip balm. The shine wears off after an hour or so, but it leaves a stain on the lips which is easily refreshed by another swipe of Shine or a regular lip balm. Rouge Allure Laque is a lipstick/lipgloss hybrid. It is also fairly moisturizing. It has the shiny attributes of a gloss with a bit of the staying power of a lipstick. It's like the best of both worlds. I hope that helps a bit.

4. June 28, 2012 / 6:18 pm

Chic 73 – it is very beautiful!

5. June 28, 2012 / 9:11 pm

LOVE how Chic looks on you! Now I'm torn between Chic and Dior's Incognito!

6. June 29, 2012 / 12:10 am

These all look great on you! I think Parfait is my must have 🙂

7. June 29, 2012 / 4:27 am

Got the answer..from your post 😀 Sorry didn't read through properly before commenting!

8. June 29, 2012 / 2:07 pm

Hi Sabrina,
    how is Chanel Rouge Coco Shine 74 compared with 70 sourire? I have sourire and wonder which one looks more pink?

9. June 30, 2012 / 11:28 am

I ordered Caractere and both the RAEdG earlier in the week.They should arrive early next week. I am even more excited to receive them after seeing your review and gorgeous pics! Thanks!

10. June 30, 2012 / 6:05 pm

chanel troublant is my fav. fyi, the glosses look just fine to me in the photo, and I can see the color perfectly.

11. June 30, 2012 / 6:06 pm

the glosses showed up in the pic just fine :). I love troublant.

12. July 1, 2012 / 1:22 pm

totally my types of subtle shades.

I actually like your lip and armswatches. Often I go to other blogs and expect an incredible colour-payoff and when I apply it's just so tame on me. Sometimes lipsticks are just subtle and I believe these are the types that are.

13. Ashley
    July 5, 2012 / 9:41 pm

Loving Caractère!

14. July 19, 2012 / 9:04 am

Omg i absolutely looooove your blog!! I've been stuck on it for hours now haha I cannot wait for the new fall collection, Parfait looks gorgeous 🙂 thx for sharing xx

15. August 7, 2012 / 10:13 pm

I wish I had full lips like you!!! I think the coco shines looks both gorgeos!!! I wonder if Chick is alike to 69Mythic-(Rouge Allure LE -did miss out that one and regretted it!)