Tom Ford Lip Color: Indian Rose 04

Tom Ford’s Indian Rose is a natural pinky rose with a slight shimmer. The color is darker than Pink Dusk, but still very natural in color. It has a beautiful full coverage and doesn’t darken or turn brownish like some neutral pink roses can. It leans slightly towards a cooler pink but I find it to be mostly neutral. The color is beautiful with rich full coverage. The shimmer in Indian Rose doesn’t show up on my lips but helps give it depth to prevent it from looking flat.

Below are a few comparisons to Bobbi Brown Heather Pink (which is more brown/plum), Burberry English Rose (which is lighter and more mauve), and Edward Bess Forever Yours (which is a darker plum).

Comments

1. September 25, 2011 / 11:26 pm

Oh, wow, your swatches are so gorgeous! Now I really want to try it, but there's no way I can justify $48…I'll just have to satisfy myself with the lovely pictures 🙂

2. September 26, 2011 / 1:28 am

Aside from the Burberry, which is the most different, Indian Pink is SO much like the BB and EB lip colors. Wow! Since I already have those two, I think I will save the $45 this time around, but it is a beautiful color, and your review is very compelling.

3. September 26, 2011 / 4:49 am

I had no idea Tom Ford had a beauty line. The shade is pretty.

4. September 26, 2011 / 7:48 am

Such a stunning colour. It looks absolutely gorgeous on you. I love these dusky pinks, and may have to seek this out! x

5. September 26, 2011 / 8:41 am

that shade is gorgeous on you!!! i love the packaging too.

6. September 26, 2011 / 9:45 am

Thanks for the swatch! Another TF lemming for me!

7. September 26, 2011 / 3:28 pm

Woooooonderful colour!
    Oh wow!
    *love*
    xoxo

8. Eileen
    September 26, 2011 / 3:43 pm

I love Indian Rose and think of it as a "grown up" lipstick: Full coverage, rich and creamy, velvety smooth. Since I'm in my mid sixties, matte lips are definitely not very flattering. There is just enough subtle shimmer in IR; however, to enable me to wear the trend without my lips looking dry and flat. This is not a slap-dash kind of product, though, and looks better when applied with care (use of a brush).

Hi Zuzu,
    I don't have the BB lipstick, but I do have the EB which is darker and redder than IR. They're different enough to warrant having them both–if you want to splurge.

9. September 27, 2011 / 12:44 am

This looks gorgeous on you! I think this may be the one I will splurge on 🙂 I have EB Forever Yours and am happy to see that this one is a bit lighter. Thanks for the great photos & comparisons 🙂

10. September 27, 2011 / 4:34 am

What a gorgeous color!!! *O*

11. nicci
    September 27, 2011 / 4:34 am

I bought Indian Rose last weekend and love it! 🙂 very long lasting too!