Chanel Rouge Coco Shines: Canotier, Biarritz, Deauville & Bel-Ami

Chanel Rouge Coco Shines Part 1:
  • Canotier 41 is a sheer iridescent golden beige with flashes of multi-colored shimmers, this is so sheer it just adds shine with a slightly shimmery sheen
  • Biarritz 42 is a sheer peach, slight shimmers, pigment is semi-sheer, it evens out the lips but looks very natural
  • Deauville 67 is a neutral mauve-brown with pink, slight sparkles (note this won’t be re-lipswatched, see makeover with Deauville here)
  • Bel-Ami 66 is a plum brown, also has slight shimmer, one of my favorites

My swatches are meh. Check out Karlasugar for the best ones of the entire lineup.

Comments

May 22, 2011 / 8:02 pm

Sabrina, I don't comment much, but I wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your reviews and your lip swatches. They are so helpful in deciding what to buy and what to skip. I think these are all very pretty, especially on your lips

2. May 22, 2011 / 8:04 pm

They are beautiful! going to have to pick (at the very least) 2 up.

3. May 22, 2011 / 9:34 pm

I love the rouge coco shines… I have it in Boy

4. May 23, 2011 / 4:45 am

Lovely swatches! These Chanel Rouge Coco Shine are quickly raising to HG status.

5. Eileen
    May 23, 2011 / 3:40 pm

Personally, I can't get enough of Shine. I have seven and can easily imagine more in my future. Although the actual shine wears off rather quickly, I find that what remains is a transparent stain of color that can easily be revived by a quick swipe of gloss or balm. Since I'm a gloss/balm addict to begin with, that is never a problem for me. I love the color base that Shine creates for the variety of glosses that I own. Everything about Shine is so effortless; so easy. I sincerely hope that Shine will be with us for quite some time.

I'd like to thank you for addressing the issue of Chanel vs. Dior. It's natural to want to compare the two, but as you summed it up, one isn't necessarily better than the other. They are just different. I have a couple of the new Dior (love Back Stage!) and find they give me a more polished, precise look whereas Shine is all about the ease be it natural or elegant. They are both light weight formulations but they fulfill different needs.

6. Bella
    May 23, 2011 / 4:27 pm

Thanks so much for the review and swatches. I always love to get your thoughts when deciding whether/what to purchase. Do you find Deauville and Bel Ami to be similar on your lips? I have (and love) Deauville and I am considering Bel Ami as well, but seem rather similar (I also looked at Karla's swatches).

7. May 24, 2011 / 3:49 am

I thought I went through the Coco Shine testers quite thoroughly.. So how the heck did I miss Biarritz?? I must have it. I love how it looks on you! Deauville is also lovely on you. Thanks for the swatches!

8. June 15, 2011 / 12:50 pm

I just boughtnew lipstick in Canotier 41. Which nail polish would you recommend to match it?