Bobbi Brown has released a new palette in the U.S. exclusive to Bloomingdales called the Antigua Palette
. It retails for $55 and has the following colors:
- 3 eyeshadows in Navajo, Oat, Caviar (all matte)
- 3 lipsticks in Ballet Pink (creamy), Kitten (creamy) and Azalea (metallic)
- 1 illuminating bronzer in Antigua
The Bobbi Brown collections this year seemed to have been a slight digression from her typical Bobbi-style, but this palette seems to be right on track for her typical classic, feminine, natural sense of color. Four of the shades are repromotes, but the combination is convenient, simple and chic in an all-in-one compact. My only gripe I have is that it mixes powders and creams in the same level which can get messy for the lipcolors if you’re not careful – but the size for the price is great so I’m not complaining.
- Navajo is your basic matte bone white (but not stark white)
- Oat is a medium oat-brown color which appears to be a true neutral (like the name implies)
- Caviar is a matte black (which is one of the few wearable true blacks for me)
- Antigua is a soft shimmery pink
- Ballet Pink is a bright pink base with gold shimmer
- Kitten is a creamy beige (but goes on a light pinky-beige)
- Azalea is a cool-plum with subtle gold flecks
The eyeshadows are great neutrals, but don’t apply well without some kind of base, so if you tend to find Bobbi Brown’s matte shadows a bit chalky, try applying them over a cream eyeshadow or shadow base. I had initially wished there were more new/exclusive colors to this palette to make it more unique, but I like the fact that it has everything I need in one palette which makes it convenient to put in my purse for touch ups. I like that it has 3 different lip colors which allows you to customize your look for neutral to more dressy. Definitely a winner for me, but mainly because I like all the colors and find that this will be good for a no-fail look when I am short on time and need a quick touch up.
Two more views:
FYI – Check your local Bloomingdales for their Beauty Benefits event GWP. I don’t see the details online, but saw one at my local Bloomies. I didn’t spend enough to get the GWP so I didn’t pay attention to the details, but definitely call yours to see what they have!
Like the concept of her Iluminating Bronzers? Check out some of the other shades like Maui, Aruba, Bali Brown and Laguna Bronze here: Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzers + New Bronzer Brush from last May.