Do you have any beauty rituals you do on a regular or occasional basis to brighten your mood? I have been to the spa at Four Seasons about 3 times now and have ventured to a couple other resorts with the girl-friends and while I totally agree it’s a luxurious, uplifting, and renewing experience, I think there are better and cheaper ways to banish the winter blues. Although I won’t complain if my DH gets me another gift certificate! For something beauty related I find getting a pedicure or putting on a face mask is always fun and usually make me feel better.
Any other activities you have to brighten your mood? (For the sake of this blog, please keep it G rated, lol.) For me:
- Baking – comforting smells & warmth from the oven keep my mind focused on the task at hand rather than worrying about other things
- Going to the petstore – I love my Jack Russells & cat but, am the biggest sucker for other baby animals
- Comedy TV – I love The Office, 30Rock, Community
- Drama TV – I’m also addicted to Fringe, Bones, The Closer, NCIS and Warehouse13 (yes, cheesy I know, but still fun)
- And of course shopping, depending on what mood I’m in, I love shopping with friends, but sometimes I like going alone since my schedule is different from most of my friends these days