I’m so excited to share the news that the Away Minis are back for the holiday! Individual minis launch on their website Away Travel and in their stores today (with more holiday goodness launching very soon). I’ve gifted these every year they’ve launched and they are always well received – even by the picky ones! These are my favorite cases to travel with and I also carry them to the beach and to the gym. The hard exterior is perfect to protect things from getting squished in your bag or luggage (like sunglasses and squeeze tubes).
The 2019 edition has a couple of updates to the design. The size and dimension are the same with an open interior and mesh pocket on one side. This year they’ve added a small hook on the top front to attach a key ring and on the inside they’ve added another elastic band for those who want something extra to hold products in place. They are available in 9 Core Colors, Aluminum and a few limited-edition shades as well.
Double zip, zipper matches the polycarbonate shell, new ring attachment at top this year:
On the nails is Chanel Le Vernis in Richness from the holiday collection (review soon)
The Away Minis measure 7″ x 5″ x 3″ and come with a double-zip closure. They’re small but I can fit quite a bit inside! I always get questions about TSA restrictions and liquids. I’ve never had any issues but I usually put everything into a quart size bag at home first to make sure I’m not over the limit.
What I travel with varies depending on season. We’re getting ready for some holiday travel before the end of the year so I’m starting to put together a packing list. Some things I’ll probably check like face wash, moisturizer, etc. But for reference to get an idea of what you can fit, this is what I can fit inside mine:
- Chanel UV Essential Sunscreen (will probably check this)
- Byredo Mini Hair Perfume (part of a trio set)
- Aesop Resurrection Rinse Free Hand Wash (also love Byredo’s Hand Sanitizers for tube form)
- Joanna Vargas Sheet Mask (stored in mesh pocket)
- Mini Mount Lai face roller
- Mini Face Mist (MAC Fix+ shown below, also alternate between the Chanel Sublimage La Brume, Fresh Rose and Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist)
- Jo Malone Perfume in Neroli and Basil
- Liquid liner from Glossier
- Chanel La Creme Main Hand Cream
- Hourglass No 28 Lip Oil
- Lip balm mini from the NARS Holiday Balm + Blush Set
- Gisou hair comb
- Slip silk scrunchie
His and hers travel favorites, Andrew is partial to Kiehl’s and Jack Black for skincare:
If you haven’t checked out their products recently they just launched their Luminous Collection for holiday. They have new colors of luggage, everywhere bags and a few more accessories. In addition many of you have asked about the pink nylon Everywhere Bag that I have from last year. There’s a pink leather version available right now if you’ve been holding out for pink!
This post is about the minis but I always get questions about Away products so I thought I’d do an FAQ. I’ve reviewed Away luggage in several posts over the years. Simply click on my PACKING travel tag to see what I’ve packed on previous trips. Top questions I receive about their products:
- Which size do I recommend?
- I’m usually a carry-on traveler and typically travel within the US. I prefer the bigger carry on because it will fit in the overhead bins (except for the smaller commuter flight planes).
- On one of our trips last year we used the Medium and loved it. I feel like now I’ll always travel with the Medium.
- To find out if it will fit on your airline there’s a helpful FAQ section on the Away website. Measurements include the wheels which is super helpful.
- What are the stand outs about their luggage over other brands?
- The design is streamlined and well made. The wheels have 360 spinners which makes it SO easy to maneuver upright, at an angle, to rotate etc. The handle is designed well so it doesn’t take up a lot of room on the inside. You can still fit a lot in between the handle bars. Quality is also excellent.
- Does it get scratched? How do the light colors hold up?
- If you check it, it’s only a matter of time before you get scratches. Both Andrew and I have checked ours (even the carry on size sometimes). They hold up pretty well! The scuff marks can be cleaned up with warm water and a Magic Eraser.
- How does the Everywhere Bag compare to other travel totes?
- It’s thoughtfully designed with REALLY good pockets for easy access and separation. It’s easy to carry on the shoulder even when full. I’m 5’3″ and I am an over packer but was able to carry it without any issue. It is easy to sling over the handle of your suitcase as well. Andrew has one in black leather and likes his too. He was 100% convinced it wasn’t going to be better than his briefcase which he also uses for travel to carry his laptop and electronics. After one use he’s a convert.
Snapshot of previous minis in action from past travels:
Away Minis launch individually today. Available in 9 core colors, Aluminum and 5 limited-edition colors. Starting at $45 each.
Be sure to follow @away on Instagram or sign up for their newsletter for new launch alerts. There are more things launching for holiday gifting very soon! For now individual minis are available in all of their core colors on the AwayTravel.com.
Minis gifted by Away.