The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is officially live online and in stores for all Nordstrom Cardholders! Early Access starts today and runs through the 18th and then opens up to the public.
- July 12 – 18 Early Access for Nordstrom Cardmembers
- July 19 – August 4 Anniversary Sale for Public
I shopped the Icon Pre-Shop in stores and found some really cute things! I’ll be sharing the full haul over the next couple of days. Today’s post is a look at my Beauty Exclusives haul picks, swatches, first impressions along with top recommendations. This is just a preliminary post since I just hauled these items, most of them are new makeup colors/palettes. Full review to follow on each group I’ve hauled.
Top Recommendations for Everyone
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale has a lot of new products curated specifically for the sale. There are tons of palettes, limited-edition sets, special value sizes etc. I love scoping out the new launches but every year they have certain items that are on sale repeatedly that I 100% think are worth checking out:
- Simplehuman Round Sensor Mirror Pro ($150 sale, after sale $250) – is one of the best beauty tools I own, even Andrew and my brother each have their own and love them. It has 5x or 10x magnification with the best lighting system I’ve tried. One of mine is the original back from 2014 and it still works. The model has been upgraded and improved over the years and now you can control the lighting.
- Sensor Mirror Pro Wide View ($250 sale, $400 after sale) – another splurge-worthy item, this one is more ideal for those who want larger panels to see your entire face. It has a small magnetic 10x mirror attachment, but the panels themselves do not have magnification detail like the round one.
- Barefoot Dreams anything! I splurged on the CozyChic Throw and CozyChic Ribbed Throw at the full price a few holidays ago. It has made the “things Sabrina cannot live without” list. It’s the softest most plush blanket and even though it’s meant to be a throw, I sleep with it every night for the best deepest kind of sleep. It’s what I imagine sleeping in a cloud would be like.
- Diptyque Miniature 5 Piece Candle Set ($48 for 5 x 1.23 oz candles) is the best way to try Diptyque if you don’t have a store or counter near you. I promise you won’t be disappointed but if you find it hard to commit to the full size without being able to smell them, these are the best way to try.
- Le Labo Hinoki Hand Soap ($38 for the jumbo size) is Andrew’s favorite scent for the home. We’ve bought this in shower gel form several times as well and are obsessed. It’s so unique and very soothing. If it were made into candle form I think we’d burn it all the time.
- Also don’t forget to check their Beauty Gifts With Purchase page!
My Nordstrom Beauty Exclusives Haul
What I hauled and added to my shelfie! Full review, more swatches and thoughts to follow as I’m able to test but I wanted to get info up as quickly as I could with first impressions since my Instagram DMs have been flooded with tons of questions!
Charlotte Tilbury Mini Easy Smoky Eye Palette ($55 on sale) has six shades of neutral warm tones with excellent pigment. I love the size, colors and formula but this has a very similar vibe to last year’s Stars In Your Eyes Palette (scroll down for quick swatch comparisons).
Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Full Size Lip Kit ($60 on sale, $78 value) has one of my favorite lip shades in liner and lipstick (I don’t mind having backups because I’ve used up the liner several times). It has the added matching Lip Gloss which I absolutely adore.
Comparison swatch of the Nordstrom Palette (6 shades) to Holiday 2018 Stars In Your Eyes (swatched a portion of the similar shades, 7 of the 12 shades in the palette I found most similar):
Tom Ford Beauty
Tom Ford Beauty Eye Quad and Mini Lip Set ($88 on sale) has a new White Suede Eyeshadow Quad and miniature lipsticks in Paper Doll (light pink) and Autoerotique (perfect nude on me). The quad has a beautiful mix of light and medium-deep for a really interesting soft smokey eye with some sparkle. So many of you wanted to know if this Nordstrom White Suede in the same as the White Suede that was launched last year in the white compact at Neiman Marcus. It’s similar but not identical.
Top is the Neiman Marcus launch in the limited-edition white compact, bottom is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale version in the traditional mahogany packaging.
Laura Mercier Tres Chic Face Palette ($52 on sale) has six shades for blush, highlight and bronzer. The colors have a soft wash to them in what appear to be universally flattering tones. It looked so stunning in store it took my breath away! I need to play with this more. My first impressions are that it’s very soft and extremely powdery. It felt ultra sheer, almost a little too sheer. It promises 10 hour wear and it did last all day without budging or darkening. I’m undecided but my first impressions are that I might just be too dark/tan for this one. I swatched with a super heavy hand below and it’s still very soft looking.
Dior Addicted to Glow Lip Set Light ($70 on sale, $93 value) has a full size Addict Lip Glow in Pink, Addict Lacquer Stick in Bliss (pale peachy beige) and a miniature Lip Maximizer. I bought this primarily for the exclusive lip shade which turns out to look ultra pale on me. I can make it work with a liner. I love the Addict Lacquer Stick formula but only a few shades work for me. If I could do this one over I’d pass on this set, but I don’t put store testers anywhere near my lips!
I hauled almost all the NARS x Nordstrom offerings but have only had a chance to try one of them. Full detailed review on the collection to follow. I had my eye on the Afterglow Lip Balm Duo which has minis of Orgasm (shifts to a healthy pink) and new Hidden Pleasure (changes to a rose mauve). I really hope they make Hidden Pleasure in the full size! I also bought the Motu Tane Face Palette ($42, pink variation), Hot Tropic Lip Gloss Set ($39, seems sheer based on hand swatching), and the Naked Paradise Satin Lip Pencil Set ($39, I have high hopes for these colors!).
A quick peek at 2 of the lip sets (more photos, swatches, etc. coming soon).
Other haul picks
I bought all the MAC lip sets, they’re usually solid performers and I love the minis because they get used up all the way quickly. The neutrals usually go really fast so if you have your eye on any I recommend buying them sooner than later. A few other picks from Diptyque, Le Labo, Kiehl’s, Oribe and Bobbi Brown linked below.
Shopping in-store beauty highlights:
Shoe/clothing/home haul to follow but in case you want to know now what I bought, you can scroll through the widget below. I’m a huge fan of Tory Burch so I picked up some of the shoes for the sale! What did you end up hauling? Do you have anything on your wishlist/radar?
Per tradition I’m hosting a giveaway! Three winners will be randomly selected via the Rafflecopter widget below to each win a $100 eGift Card to Nordstrom US. Open internationally but you must be 18 years or older to qualify. To enter simply complete at least 1 of the tasks in the widget below. All entries will be subject to verification. Giveaway entries will be collected through July 16th, 11:45 PM EST. I’ll pick winners within 24 hours after giveaway ends and email them directly. A confirmation e-mail response must be received within 48 hours to claim prize. Not sponsored or affiliated.