There’s a new palette launching tomorrow from NARS called the NARSissist Wanted Eyeshadow Palette ($59 for 0.04 oz/1.5 g x 12) and it’s absolutely stunning. It’s going to launch exclusively online at Sephora for one day on November 27th and then at NARS boutiques and narscosmetics.com on November 29th.
There are quite a few warm toned rose eyeshadow palettes out right now as it’s quite popular but I’ve never found one where I could wear all the shades. I’ve swatched Urban Decay Naked Heat, Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance and Tarte Tartette Toasted Eyehadow Palette on numerous occasions in store. I’ve been tempted as the pigment these days is amazing but they all have at least 3 shades I know I’d never use. At first glance I thought the same about the Wanted Eyeshadow Palette. I was thrilled to find they sent one as an early preview that I could review and I have to admit my heart sank a little when I opened it and saw 3 rosy reds. However I felt the same about the NARSissist Loaded Eyeshadow Palette and it completely surprised me so I kept an open mind with this. I’m glad I did because it’s truly beautiful.
This comes in a rectangular mirrored compact. The eyeshadow pans appear to be the same size as the NARSissist Loaded but the overall size of the compact seems slightly smaller. I love that the top has a non-mirror surface on the outer packaging because as lovely as they are they show all the fingerprints and it drives me nuts.
The colors are all excellent in pigment, texture and color payoff. Some NARS palettes in previous years have had some hit/miss shades. This one is all good, but there are a few glitzy shades so I know there’s a chance this might be a no-go for some of you. Some of the shades are made of a new formula with powder suspended in a liquid-binding system which I suspect are the super sparkly ones. In this palette:
- Biarritz – perfect creamy neutral matte cream
- Satisfaction – shimmering light pink with a soft gold shimmer
- Delirium – metallic rose sparkle
- Temptress – satin paprika red
- Seven Heaven – matte neutral sand
- Shadow Hill – matte warm brown, NARS describes this as matte saddle
- Mendoza – sparkling pink copper
- Wicked Game – satin cranberry with a soft sheen
- Shooting Star – sparkling glitzy pink champagne
- La La – shimmering warm bronze
- Fallen Star – shimmering antique bronze with a khaki-sparkle sheen
- Coconut Grove – matte deep brown
The mattes are smooth and almost silky feeling. The shimmers are my favorite texture and I would think this would be more universally appealing if it had all shimmers vs sparkles, but I actually really love the sparkly shades. The new formula is pretty glitzy – there is fall out when I apply on the lids with a looser fluffy brush so I found it best to pack on with a denser brush. The good thing is that it’s the kind that is really easy to clean up under the eyes. The worst thing about some glitters is that they stick so hard to the face it’s almost impossible to clean. Once these were on my lids they stayed put pretty well – but I did pack them on the lids with a slightly damp brush.
A closer look at the shades, swatches, a look and then a side-by-side to the Loaded Palette.
Quick beauty look wearing:
- Foundation – Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Liquid Foundation in Y345
- Powder – Charlotte Tilbury Air Brush Flawless Powder in Shade #2
- Cheeks – Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Bronzer #2 and the pink shade from the NARS Veil Cheek Palette from the Man Ray Collection
- Lips – Chanel Rouge Coco Gloss in Tendresse 172
- Brows – Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette
- Eyeshadow Shades Used – Biarritz all over the lid, Satisfaction under brow, Shadow Hill 1/2 way up eyes, Mendoza packed on top with Coconut Grove
Close up of the eye look. You can definitely intensify the color but I like to blend everything out:
A side by side of Wanted next to Loaded, since there are so many colors I couldn’t swatch them all on the same arm but you can see my review of the other palette here:
One last look, bottom line it’s love for me:
You will be able to find the NARS Narsissist Wanted Eyeshadow Palette exclusively at Sephora for one day on Cyber Monday. I’m excited to see what else they’ll launch on that day – in the mean time they have launched a Cyber Weekend Sample Bag.
Stay tuned for another early Cyber Monday review and the full Cyber Monday Beauty Shopping Sales Guide!
NARSissist Wanted sent courtesy of NARS for review.