- Diptyque Baies is not a haircare item, but it’s one of my favorite home scents, since Diptyque rarely goes on sale, these savings promotions are always a nice time to splurge on something and save a little.
- Oribe Cleansing Cream (repurchased) is one of my favorite weekly shampoos to help restore moisture and cleanse at the same time
- R+Co Park Ave Blow Out Balm is a product you work through damp hair before you use a blow dryer, I’m always eager to try new products like these because I heat dry my hair most of the time, this smells light and fresh and did give my hair a better look after blow drying, hair was left thicker, fuller and frizz-free and very smooth, the ends still needed a touch up, but for the rest, I really like how this works
- Ouai Finishing Creme is described as a lightweight lotion for your hair that you can use as a heat protectant from styling, smoothing cream for dry ends or to add texture, I found it has a strong floral scent with a slightly thick texture, it gives the ends a more polished look with a tiny bit of shine but definitely helps add texture to the hair, by comparison the Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream has a thinner texture and adds weightless shine to the ends with a more glossy looking finish
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray is a favorite, even though the full size is a better buy, I always end up repurchasing the travel size because it’s easier for me to store or carry with me
- Ouai Treatment Masque comes in a pack of 8 individually sealed packets, it has a rich perfumed kind of scent, I used it as a mask, left it on for about 10 minutes then rinsed it out, it left the hair feeling super soft and shiny (after drying), I’m not the biggest fan of the packets for packaging, but it’s perfect to take one with you for travel or to the gym vs a huge tube, the product is a thumbs up, would love if this came in a large jar or squeeze tube
- 1 Rose Shimmer is a light medium neutral pink
- 2 Apricot Shimmer is a light apricot color
- 3 Nude Shimmer is a light peachy shimmer
- 4 Petal Shimmer is a pale light baby pink
- 5 Candy Shimmer is soft medium pink
- 6 Rosewood Shimmer is a neutral medium brown pink
- 7 Toffee Pink Shimmer is a neutral mauve
- 8 Plum Shimmer is a red plum
- 10 Pink Shimmer (limited-edition) is a bright sheer pink
- 11 Orange Shimmer (limited-edition) is a bright sheer orange shimmer
- 12 Red Shimmer (limited-edition) is a bright sheer red
For as long as I can remember I’ve been into the simple classic
streamlined zip pouch, but being petite at 5’3″ it’s hard for me to find
one that isn’t too large. I’m forever looking for good classic options. The envelope style is pretty chic (one affordable option featured in this post here also eyeing this nude blush one here) but for some reason my heart belong to the flat zip ones.
The best date night fragrances for me, some come in the tiny roller ball or small spritzer version to fit inside a clutch:
- Diptyque L’Ombre Dans L’Eau which comes in a limited-edition travel size for summer. It’s the fragrance version of Baies candle which I was surprised works well as perfume and has a mix of blackcurrant leaves and rose.
- Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb is the ultimate date night fragrance (travel spray was taken with me on my summer trip). For daytime I feel like it’s more of a fall/winter fragrance, but I think it’s amazing for summer nights. It’s a hard one to describe but the notes are bergamot, tea, freesia, jasmine, orange blossom, orchid, rose, patchouli.
- Chloé Eau de Parfume is another favorite, I have a small bottle, but you can find it in a travel size as well, it’s another classic floral with notes of Pink Peony, Freesia, Lychee, Magnolia Flower, Lily of the Valley, Rose, Cedarwood, Amber, Honey.
- For those who want something more unique, Byredo is always a good option. I bought the Discovery Set over the holiday which has a sampler mix of scents. It’s been discontinued but the current version is the Floral Discovery 6 Piece Set which has Blanche, La Tulipe, Bal D’Afrique, Inflorescence, Flowerhead and Rose Of No Man’s Land. I highly recommend the travel/discovery sets. It’s a great way to try out different ones without having to splurge on the full size bottle. Another option is the Nécessaire de Voyage Eau de Parfum Travel Set which has Black Saffron and Blanche with a case.
- By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Frozen Quartz a metallic high frost cool pink
- Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick in Rose Gold my most-worn all over base color that adds a nice sheen to the lids alone
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Shadow Stick in Golden Pink which is indeed long wearing and has a bit more glitz and shimmer compared to the Laura Mercier Rose Gold
- Burberry Eye Contour Shadow Stick in Pale Copper which is the perfect warm bronzey shade I’ve ever found
- By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock a shimmering purple mauve
- Burberry Eye Contour Shadow Stick in Midnight Brown which is a medium to deep shimmering brown with silver shimmer
- MAC Pro Longwear Shadow Stick in Soft Steel a shimmering cool brown
Shown above but not swatched:
- Dior Addict Lip Glow in Coral (swatched here)
- Dior Addict Lip Glow Pomade is pretty much clear on my lips, it didn’t turn my lips pink like the stick version but has a nice moisturizing balmy feel
- Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips in Very Victoria (swatched on lips here)
- Tom Ford Ultra Rich Lip Color in Revolve Around Me (review here) is the best nude of the season
- YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Oil in Stick in 44, 47 and 42 (all swatched on lips here)
- Edward Bess Deep Shine Lip Gloss in Lover’s Desire is one of the prettiest peachy pinks
- Edward Bess Lip Definer in Barely
- Edward Bess Lip Definer in Natural
- Chanel Rouge Coco Stylo in Script is an effortless neutral (swatches here)
That rounds up my summer date night beauty favorites! As always I’d love to hear what you love to wear and/or carry with you. If you have any favorite clutches or zip pouches – please share! One last note, shoes featured are from Ann Taylor.
- Penelope Pink K.I.S.S.I.N.G is a repromote, it’s a neutral light nude pink
- Very Victoria Matte Revolution is a repromote, it’s a cool-toned mauve nude pink brown
- Kim KW K.I.S.S.I.N.G is a pale flesh toned pink nude
- Super Cindy Matte Revolution is a medium 90’s shade nude with peach tones
- Kidman’s Kiss Matte Revolution is a light peach pink
- Liv It Up K.I.S.S.I.N.G is a neutral-cool light pink
- Secret Salma Matte Revolution is a berry mauve pink
- Hot Emily K.I.S.S.I.N.G is a bright orange cream
- Miranda May Matte Revolution is similar to Hot Emily, Miranda May has a bit less orange and more pink, it’s a bright color
- Tell Laura Matte Revolution is an orange warm red
- Carina’s Love Matte Revolution is a bold blue-based red
- Bosworth’s Beauty Matte Revolution is a medium bright cool pink
- Electric Poppy Matte Revolution is a hot pink
- Hel’s Bells Matte Revolution is a deep purple plum
- Hot Lips include Kim KW, Super Cindy, Kidman’s Kiss, Liv It Up
- Matte Revolution includes Miss Kensington (swatch), Between the Sheets (here), Very Victoria (review)
- K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipsticks include Nude Kate, Penelope Pink, Bitch Perfect and Stoned Rose (a;; swatched here)
- Lip Cheat Lip Pencils include Iconic Nude and Pillow Talk (swatched here)
- Hot Lips include Hot Emily, Miranda May, Tell Laura, Carina’s Love, Secret Salma and Hel’s Bells
- Matte Revolution shades include Sexy Sienna, 1975 Red (here), Walk of Shame, Bond Girl and Love Liberty (rest here)
- K.I.S.S.I.N.G shades include Kiss Chase (swatch)
Colors from left to right:
- Candy Wrapped is a sheer almost transparent pink that turns into a bright pink on my lips.
- Pretty Me Up is a sheer peachy color that also turns pinkish on my lips.
- Play With Me is a sheer red that deepens and brightens in color on me.
- Teddy Pink is a bright cool pink in the tube it turns more mauvey and cool-toned on me.
- Side Dish is a cool pink that turns into a deeper mauve bright pink.
Another look and swatches on my lips. They took about 30 seconds to adjust in color on me. Once on, they did leave a slight stain on the lips, but it was easy to remove with makeup remover (I used the Clinique Take the Day Off).
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyeshadow Quad #1 with Amber, Glisten, Comfort and Dark Chocolate Shimmer, Quad #2 had Gleam, Birkin, Topaz and Intense Gaze
- Chanel La Palette Sourcils de Chanel
- Glossier Brow Boy in Brown
- Kat Von D Beauty Tattoo Liquid Liner in Trooper Black
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Golden Pink
- Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick in Rosegold
- Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in Black
- Tom Ford Cream Color for Eyes in Platinum and Opale
- NARS Larger than Life Eyeliner in Via Appia
- MAC Eyelash Curler
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation Stick in 123
- NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint in St. Moritz
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Flawless Concealer in Warm Light Medium
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder #2
- Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder
- NARS All Day Luminous Powder Foundation in Punjab
Cheek and Highlighters:
- NARS Dual Intensity Blush in Sexual Content and Liberation
- NARS Orgasm Blush Large Size Limited-Edition
- Edward Bess All Over Seduction in Sunlight, Paradise and Afterglow
- Tom Ford Small Bronzing Powder in Gold Dust
- Tom Ford Sheer Cheek Duo in Bicoastal
- Edward Bess Lip Liner in Barely and Natural
- Tom Ford Ultra-Rich Lip Color in Revolve Around Me
- Tom Ford Moisturecore Lip Color in Carriacou and Pipa
- Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Bitch Perfect
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk
Liquids and skincare:
- Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream (mini gwp)
- Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (mini gwp)
- La Mer Renewal Oil (mini gwp)
Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleanser from the Blemish Banisher Kit
- Diptyque Florabellio Perfume (travel size)
- NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint
- NARS Tinted Moisturizer (travel size, discontinued)
- Kate Somerville Dermal Quench (travel sizes, gwps)
- MAC Prep + Prime Blemish Control Gel
- Glamglow Supercleanse Daily Clearing Cleanser from the Stay Sexy Clearing Set
- Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask in Smashed
- I could have skipped the hat. I didn’t want it to get squished so I carried it on the plane. I did not end up wearing it at all as I felt it would have just gotten in the way.
- I walked most of New York City in either my Chloe flats or Tory Burch Millers. Yes, sandals were not the best idea, but being a California girl I just have to. My feet did ok – no blisters and they did not get too dirty. Both pairs of shoes survived without any damage from extensive walking.
- I packed more than I needed for a week – but we did intend to be away for 2 weeks instead of 1.
- Next trip to NYC I’m packing super light on the beauty side. All I need can be found at Birchbox Soho or Space NK, not to mention all the Sephora stores around the city.
- I really missed my hair dryer but I survived with the one in the hotel.
- My husband only packed jeans and even after a trip to Banana Republic in the city for some last minute things, he only picked up shorts and polos. Next time I will be packing a nice pair of slacks or khakis for him. There were a few restaurants I wanted to go to that we could not because he only had jeans as he was on “vacay” mode.
- I did bring a pair of my Pumas that I had from last year as my sneaker/walking shoes. My husband informed me I need to invest in a pair of better looking shoes. He gave them that “these should be burned” look when he saw me wearing them. If you have any recommendations please let me know.
- By the end of my trip I had several full sized liquids and other items I bought while in NYC that would not fit inside my carry on or tote. I shipped them back home via FedEx. Quick note on pricing – make sure you double check price quotes online. I shipped everything home for a little over $40, box weight was about 20 pounds. A little over a week later I received an invoice from FedEx stating I owed an additional $120. I called them to ask about it and was informed that prices are just estimates in the store and additional charges may occur for residential deliveries, weekday deliveries, declared value and size etc. They said the best way to get an accurate quote is to use the calculator online or to call them directly. They were very nice and professional on the phone, this obviously was my first time shipping something this large from FedEx and I told them I was just a bit surprised there was such a huge difference from the estimate to the actual cost. They waived the extra $100 without me complaining or asking, which I thought was really nice of them and something they did not have to do at all. If you are a newbie shipper like me – just be aware of the shipping estimates if you ship large boxes or items home. If in doubt just ask about any potential added charges that may be incurred.