- Diptyque Baies is not a haircare item, but it’s one of my favorite home scents, since Diptyque rarely goes on sale, these savings promotions are always a nice time to splurge on something and save a little.
- Oribe Cleansing Cream (repurchased) is one of my favorite weekly shampoos to help restore moisture and cleanse at the same time
- R+Co Park Ave Blow Out Balm is a product you work through damp hair before you use a blow dryer, I’m always eager to try new products like these because I heat dry my hair most of the time, this smells light and fresh and did give my hair a better look after blow drying, hair was left thicker, fuller and frizz-free and very smooth, the ends still needed a touch up, but for the rest, I really like how this works
- Ouai Finishing Creme is described as a lightweight lotion for your hair that you can use as a heat protectant from styling, smoothing cream for dry ends or to add texture, I found it has a strong floral scent with a slightly thick texture, it gives the ends a more polished look with a tiny bit of shine but definitely helps add texture to the hair, by comparison the Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream has a thinner texture and adds weightless shine to the ends with a more glossy looking finish
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray is a favorite, even though the full size is a better buy, I always end up repurchasing the travel size because it’s easier for me to store or carry with me
- Ouai Treatment Masque comes in a pack of 8 individually sealed packets, it has a rich perfumed kind of scent, I used it as a mask, left it on for about 10 minutes then rinsed it out, it left the hair feeling super soft and shiny (after drying), I’m not the biggest fan of the packets for packaging, but it’s perfect to take one with you for travel or to the gym vs a huge tube, the product is a thumbs up, would love if this came in a large jar or squeeze tube
- 1 Rose Shimmer is a light medium neutral pink
- 2 Apricot Shimmer is a light apricot color
- 3 Nude Shimmer is a light peachy shimmer
- 4 Petal Shimmer is a pale light baby pink
- 5 Candy Shimmer is soft medium pink
- 6 Rosewood Shimmer is a neutral medium brown pink
- 7 Toffee Pink Shimmer is a neutral mauve
- 8 Plum Shimmer is a red plum
- 10 Pink Shimmer (limited-edition) is a bright sheer pink
- 11 Orange Shimmer (limited-edition) is a bright sheer orange shimmer
- 12 Red Shimmer (limited-edition) is a bright sheer red
For as long as I can remember I’ve been into the simple classic
streamlined zip pouch, but being petite at 5’3″ it’s hard for me to find
one that isn’t too large. I’m forever looking for good classic options. The envelope style is pretty chic (one affordable option featured in this post here also eyeing this nude blush one here) but for some reason my heart belong to the flat zip ones.
The best date night fragrances for me, some come in the tiny roller ball or small spritzer version to fit inside a clutch:
- Diptyque L’Ombre Dans L’Eau which comes in a limited-edition travel size for summer. It’s the fragrance version of Baies candle which I was surprised works well as perfume and has a mix of blackcurrant leaves and rose.
- Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb is the ultimate date night fragrance (travel spray was taken with me on my summer trip). For daytime I feel like it’s more of a fall/winter fragrance, but I think it’s amazing for summer nights. It’s a hard one to describe but the notes are bergamot, tea, freesia, jasmine, orange blossom, orchid, rose, patchouli.
- Chloé Eau de Parfume is another favorite, I have a small bottle, but you can find it in a travel size as well, it’s another classic floral with notes of Pink Peony, Freesia, Lychee, Magnolia Flower, Lily of the Valley, Rose, Cedarwood, Amber, Honey.
- For those who want something more unique, Byredo is always a good option. I bought the Discovery Set over the holiday which has a sampler mix of scents. It’s been discontinued but the current version is the Floral Discovery 6 Piece Set which has Blanche, La Tulipe, Bal D’Afrique, Inflorescence, Flowerhead and Rose Of No Man’s Land. I highly recommend the travel/discovery sets. It’s a great way to try out different ones without having to splurge on the full size bottle. Another option is the Nécessaire de Voyage Eau de Parfum Travel Set which has Black Saffron and Blanche with a case.
- By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Frozen Quartz a metallic high frost cool pink
- Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick in Rose Gold my most-worn all over base color that adds a nice sheen to the lids alone
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Shadow Stick in Golden Pink which is indeed long wearing and has a bit more glitz and shimmer compared to the Laura Mercier Rose Gold
- Burberry Eye Contour Shadow Stick in Pale Copper which is the perfect warm bronzey shade I’ve ever found
- By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock a shimmering purple mauve
- Burberry Eye Contour Shadow Stick in Midnight Brown which is a medium to deep shimmering brown with silver shimmer
- MAC Pro Longwear Shadow Stick in Soft Steel a shimmering cool brown
Shown above but not swatched:
- Dior Addict Lip Glow in Coral (swatched here)
- Dior Addict Lip Glow Pomade is pretty much clear on my lips, it didn’t turn my lips pink like the stick version but has a nice moisturizing balmy feel
- Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips in Very Victoria (swatched on lips here)
- Tom Ford Ultra Rich Lip Color in Revolve Around Me (review here) is the best nude of the season
- YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Oil in Stick in 44, 47 and 42 (all swatched on lips here)
- Edward Bess Deep Shine Lip Gloss in Lover’s Desire is one of the prettiest peachy pinks
- Edward Bess Lip Definer in Barely
- Edward Bess Lip Definer in Natural
- Chanel Rouge Coco Stylo in Script is an effortless neutral (swatches here)
That rounds up my summer date night beauty favorites! As always I’d love to hear what you love to wear and/or carry with you. If you have any favorite clutches or zip pouches – please share! One last note, shoes featured are from Ann Taylor.
- Penelope Pink K.I.S.S.I.N.G is a repromote, it’s a neutral light nude pink
- Very Victoria Matte Revolution is a repromote, it’s a cool-toned mauve nude pink brown
- Kim KW K.I.S.S.I.N.G is a pale flesh toned pink nude
- Super Cindy Matte Revolution is a medium 90’s shade nude with peach tones
- Kidman’s Kiss Matte Revolution is a light peach pink
- Liv It Up K.I.S.S.I.N.G is a neutral-cool light pink
- Secret Salma Matte Revolution is a berry mauve pink
- Hot Emily K.I.S.S.I.N.G is a bright orange cream
- Miranda May Matte Revolution is similar to Hot Emily, Miranda May has a bit less orange and more pink, it’s a bright color
- Tell Laura Matte Revolution is an orange warm red
- Carina’s Love Matte Revolution is a bold blue-based red
- Bosworth’s Beauty Matte Revolution is a medium bright cool pink
- Electric Poppy Matte Revolution is a hot pink
- Hel’s Bells Matte Revolution is a deep purple plum
They have a slight vanilla scent and while they aren’t moisturizing like a lip treatment, I find they are hydrating and they do not make my lips peel. In terms of prep, I rarely wear lip liner these days but the ones I reach for the most are Pillow Talk and Iconic Nude which will go with a wide range of colors. For a base I like her Lip Magic to help moisturize and prep the lips or the MAC Prep and Prime Lip.
- Hot Lips include Kim KW, Super Cindy, Kidman’s Kiss, Liv It Up
- Matte Revolution includes Miss Kensington (swatch), Between the Sheets (here), Very Victoria (review)
- K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipsticks include Nude Kate, Penelope Pink, Bitch Perfect and Stoned Rose (a;; swatched here)
- Lip Cheat Lip Pencils include Iconic Nude and Pillow Talk (swatched here)
- Hot Lips include Hot Emily, Miranda May, Tell Laura, Carina’s Love, Secret Salma and Hel’s Bells
- Matte Revolution shades include Sexy Sienna, 1975 Red (here), Walk of Shame, Bond Girl and Love Liberty (rest here)
- K.I.S.S.I.N.G shades include Kiss Chase (swatch)
Colors from left to right:
- Candy Wrapped is a sheer almost transparent pink that turns into a bright pink on my lips.
- Pretty Me Up is a sheer peachy color that also turns pinkish on my lips.
- Play With Me is a sheer red that deepens and brightens in color on me.
- Teddy Pink is a bright cool pink in the tube it turns more mauvey and cool-toned on me.
- Side Dish is a cool pink that turns into a deeper mauve bright pink.
Another look and swatches on my lips. They took about 30 seconds to adjust in color on me. Once on, they did leave a slight stain on the lips, but it was easy to remove with makeup remover (I used the Clinique Take the Day Off).