In real life, here is what I see below, they are all more similar than promotional digitized photos appear to be. (Many thanks to my Twitter friends who let me know Dior Bikini arrived online at Sephora.com.) Here is the verdict, left to right:
- Chanel Orange Fizz – is the lightest and brightest, it’s more orangey than all the rest
- Dior Bikini – has the best coverage, it’s more of a true peach, with slight reddish tones, slightly darker
- Chanel Distraction – semi-sheer medium jelly finish with the subtle iridescence
- Laura Mercier Cabana – most jelly-like, slightly more pink undertones
- Dior Riviera – most vibrant coral red
Have you checked out any corals for nails this summer? What is your favorite? Or do you have a classic coral in your collection that you’re loving right now?
Have you checked out the new collection from Tom Ford? What were your thoughts?
I’m going to test these in the upcoming week. In the meantime check out these for more photos, swatches and thoughts:
- Beaut.ie – First Look: Tom Ford Metallic Beauty Collection Spring 2012 Pictures & Swatches
- Bergdorf Goodman 5th/58th Blog – BG Beauty Review: Tom Ford Cream Color for Eyes
- Product Doctor Beauty Blog – Tom Ford Spring Beauty: New Cream Color for Eyes
- Glamour Beauty – Check Out Tom Ford’s Stunning Spring 2012 Nail Polish Collection
- Top notes include narcissus, ylang ylang, black pepper
- Middle notes are gardenia, jasmine, citrus-like linden, orris
- Base notes are vetiver, must, white oak and treemoss
Have you tried Central Park West? What did you think? Do you have any other favorites from Bond No. 9?
Plaza comparisons: OPI Strawberry Margarita (slightly warmer than Plaza and 1/2 a shade lighter), OPI Kiss Me On the Tulips (significantly more blue), Chanel Rose Insolent (warmer in tone), Chanel May, Laura Mercier Flamingo (lighter in color), Dior Caberet Pink (slightly warmer)
Have you seen the new Dior lip and nail items? Thoughts?
P.S. Dior Nail Polish fans who missed out on Saint Tropez Nail Polish last year will happy to know it’s out again!! Check your Nordstrom counters! I spotted it last week. No sign of the rest of the summer collection yet. (See Cafe Makeup’s and Steph’s Closet swatches from last year.)