- Lip/Cheek color – muted plum rose (not as bright as his Island Rose Compact Rouge)
- Highlighter – pale shimmery pink (smoother in texture than his Back to Basics highlighter)
- Eyeshadows -soft satin ivory, warm pink-tinged plum shimmer, warm pale bubblegum pink, warm brown shimmer (all very pigmented, layerable and easy to blend)
- Glosses – top shade is a sheer cool light fuschia, bottom shade was a complete surprise, the top layer seemed to be slightly oxidized, the color once top layer was swiped was a warm rich plum-red (the bottom color is very pigmented)
- Lip/Cheek color – This has the same texture as the Compact Rouges. The color in pan for Back to Basics was slightly misleading but in a good way. In the compact I expected a warm nude with brown tones. Instead it goes on a nude-pink. It’s lovely on the cheeks for an understated pink tint and gorgeous on the lips. The pigment is excellent – buildable, non-greasy and easy to blend very much like his compact rouges. Also has the fig scent.
- Highlighter – The highlighter is a cream formula. It’s a warm sheer nude sparkle. I felt the texture of this one was slightly textured to the touch of the fingers (in pan) but it felt completely smooth when applied to the skin. The color is sheer but more sparkly than his other cream highlighters. Still not overly so. I layered this over the lip/cheek color on the face and it added a wonderful highlight. This does have the fig scent.
- Eyeshadows – The eyeshadows in the palette are beautifully pigmented – even more so than his regular shadows. The colors are all shimmery. I found the shimmer factor to be higher than all his other shadows. The colors are an ivory shimmer, a beige shimmer, a warm pale copper frost, a deeper warm brown shimmer. I was scared of the light coppery shade thinking it would be too warm. Alone, I think it is. But when layered with the other paler shades it gives the eyes warmth and depth.
- Glosses – I agree with The Non-Blonde these were the weakest points of his palette. Both are sheer beiges, one with slight pink tones. They do add a nice shine to the lip/cheek color, but alone I suspect they will appear very sheer.
- The Brush – The double-ended brush contains one side for applying cream products, the other for shadows. Initially thoughts were a let-down. The brush seemed to be not-the-greatest quality. The bristles for the powder didn’t appear to be hand-made. Yet again Edward Bess never fails to please. The brush is a wonderful mini applicator and applied the eyeshadows with ease.
- one lip/cheek color (similar to Compact Rouges)
- one cream highlighter
- four eyeshadows
- two glosses
- a double-ended brush (one side for creams other for shadows)
Overall, everything looks amazing. Had I seen the lip items in person first, I probably would have skipped the lipliners and glossimer, but they are gorgeous nevertheless. Happy Friday everyone!
The items from Edward Bess are classics and naturally flattering. They are reliable staples in my beauty wardrobe and versatile to create a number of different looks.
- Intimate & Mystery Eyeshadow
- Mirage & Storm Eyeshadow
- Nude, Intimate, Dusk, Escape, Mystery, Night Eyeshadows
- Soft Smoke Eyeshadow Trio
- Bare Rose Lipgloss
- Blush Allure, Demi Buff & Rose Demure Lipsticks
- French Lace, First Kiss and Amor Lipsticks
- Forbidden Flower Lipstick
- Forever Yours Lipstick
- Lipsticks: Pure Impulse, Forbidden Flower, Secret Desire, Tender Love, Forever Yours, Night Romance
- Pure Impulse Lipstick & Soft Nude Lipgloss
- Night Romance Lipstick
- Nude Satin, Sweet Dream, Love Always Lipgloss
- Sundown Lipstick
- Afterglow & Sunlight All Over Seduction
- Compact Rouge in Love Affair, Island Rose and After Sunset
- Daydream Bronzer
- Daydream v Desert Sun Bronzer
- Soft Orchid Blush
- Jet Set from Holiday 2009: Island Escape, Island Rose & Natural Lipliner
- Ode to the Magic of Edward Bess From Guest Reviewer Alexa
- Why Do We Love Edward Bess? Guest Review from Leslie
- Love From London
- More on EB from Leanne
- Product Swatches from Bergdorf Goodman
Pure Impulse Lipstick
Forever Yours Lipstick
Soft Smoke Eyeshadow Trio
Island Rose Compact Rouge (oops, six!)