Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend. Starting the week with a highlight of 10 things that I’ve been loving in the beauty world. There are a lot of spring launches I’ll be covering soon. So many pretty palettes for cheeks and eyes that I’m really excited about and swatching this week. In the meantime a few things in skin, hair and makeup I think are worth checking out right now.
Shown above from left to right:
- Charlotte Tilbury Brightening Youth Glow Primer ($55) is an ultra smooth glow primer with a soft pearlescent sheen. It’s designed to be color-correcting and help with redness. I find it on the sheer side so for me it doesn’t quite color correct but it does noticeably brighten the skin and prepare it better for foundation application. I’ve also been experimenting with her Hollywood Flawless Filter in a few shades. I’ve worn her Magic Foundation in Shades 5, 6 and 7 depending on how tan I am. I ordered her Hollywood Flawless Filter in 3 and 4. Review soon, but I’ve been loving how versatile it is underneath or on top of foundation.
- Marc Jacobs Cream and Sugar Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer ($28) in Cream and Sugar is now available in the full size. Review and swatches of the lipgloss, lipstick and liner in this post.
- Armani Lip Magnet in 508 ($38) launched late last year, a few new shades were added to the line. I fell in love with 508 which is the lightest option in the formula and a light neutral nude pink. I also really liked 510 which is a pink plum but found it similar to 507 which I already own and reviewed so passed on that color. I’ve added swatches to the Tatouage Couture Liquid Matte Lip Stains in the nude shades I own below (review here).
- I’ve always been a bronze eyeliner fanatic. I find it more interesting than basic browns but still falls in the neutral territory. Three I’ve been obsessed with that don’t smudge, tug or feel dry include:
- NARS Kohliner in Altiplano ($26) because it’s creamy, pigmented and the prettiest shimmering brown.
- Hourglass 1.5 MM Mechanical Eyeliner in Bronze ($18) these are pretty spendy for the amount of product you get, but these are have the finest point for a liner that I’ve ever tried, I also like Canyon which is the regular brown version.
- Sisley Phyto-Khol Star in Sparkling Brown ($55) perhaps my favorite formula of sparkly eyeliner that I’ve tried. Review and swatches of all Sisley Phyto-Khol Star Waterproof liners here.
- Lanolips has been a favorite for a long time for an affordable lip balm that is super hydrating. My favorite has been the Lips 101 Ointment Strawberry Multi-Balm and as the ultimate coconut lover, I went nuts when I learned they launched a Coconutter Multi-Balm version and ordered 3. You can find it at Nordstrom and Ulta Beauty. It’s been in my top 3 lip treatments this past month (the other two loves are Sisley and By Terry). The Lanolips gives instant relief, has a thick enough texture to really hydrate and stay on the lips but doesn’t feel goopy or thick. I haven’t tried the Coconut Hand Cream version yet but I am really tempted to.
- Shu Uemura Art of Hair Urban Moisture Hydro-Nourishing Double Serum ($38) is a leave-in conditioner spray. It’s bi-phase so you have to shake it to mix the two serums. I’ve rediscovered this (I used it a few years ago and loved it and used it up). I’ve found this to be really good to add moisture, shine and help detangle the hair. I can use it as a pre-heat treatment or just spray and let it air dry.
- Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask ($45) is something I feel 100% lives up to all the hype. It has the best fresh watermelon scent that is very natural smelling and isn’t overly sweet. I’m super picky about what I put on my face at night because I don’t like feeling or smelling product. I feel like it interferes with my sleep, but I still do use night time skincare. The Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask feels amazing on the skin. Hydrating but still lightweight. It’s a truly breathable sleeping mask that has soothing watermelon extract, hydrating hyaluronic acid, and gentle AHAs. I do wake up with noticeably smoother and balanced skin. It’s something I think everyone should check out. They have the cutest Mini Size ($22 for 1 oz) I plan on taking with me whenever I travel.
- Glow Recipe Watermelon Pink Juice Moisturizer ($39) is the latest from Glow Recipe. It’s an ultra lightweight moisturizer for oily to combination skin. For me it has just the right amount of moisture but if you’re dry they recommend using it as a serum to layer on before your regular moisturizer. It has a bouncy gel texture which feels really nice and smooth on the face (I usually do not like gels because they’re sticky). It softens and calms my skin.
- Also this one makes for favorite #11 but I get so many questions about the large cosmetic pouches I have. The one above is by The Daily Edited, it’s the Large Cosmetic Case. I bought two of mine with the Blind Monogram Initials (which means they just emboss it with letters but there’s no gold foil). I’ve also featured my pouches in these posts Best Travel Beauty Cases, San Francisco Travel Packing and Sisley September Subscription Highlights.
That wraps up 10 things I’m loving right now! More to come this week featuring new spring makeup launches. What are you loving right now? P.S. I am going to resume weekly giveaways this week. For the month of March, they will be announced weekly to blog newsletter subscribers only. Make sure you’re subscribed to stay in the loop!
Press samples include Glow Recipe Skincare + Sisley Eyeliner.