Fresh glowing makeup has been a huge hit with so many of you! I’m frequently asked what I recommend for that refreshed and glowing back-from-a-tropical vacation look. Living in Florida does sometimes seem like I should be on a permanent vacation with the sunshine here. My actual glow is mainly from a few go-to bronzers and complexion products that help boost luminosity. Today I have a roundup of my favorite beauty essentials to help you fake that post-vacation glow without the sun. I’ve partnered with Nordstrom to share what I think is the best from eyes, lips and cheeks. If you’re in need of some extra glow and warmth to the complexion I hope you find this roundup helpful!
I think before moving to Florida bronzers were my favorite makeup item to try. I’ve always loved having a warmed up bronze glow! I still really love trying new ones but find that I keep going back to my tried-and-true favorites. Ones I really like:
- Armani Neo Nude Compact Powder is the best all over glow powder I’ve tried. It’s subtle enough to use all over my face to set. I also love using a darker shade as a subtle contour/bronzer to add a natural looking glow.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light is a great option to add a subtle glow, especially if you’re on the fairer side. It’s not too shimmery and has a soft glow.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzers are more intense with a mix of highlighter and intense bronze pigment swirled in one pan. There are four shades total. I like Luminous Bronze Light the best but if you want something that pulls more neutral tone opt for Diffused Bronze Light.
- Sisley Phyto Blush Twist* is a newish discovery for me. I’ve tried the blush colors but #5 is newer to me. It’s a warm sheer contour color which is perfect for me to add life to the skin. It blends out nicely and smoothly with a soft dry down finish.
- Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Makeup Base is probably the best cream bronzer I’ve ever bought. I’ve actually gone through an entire tub of this (it does last for a long long time though). No matter what skin tone I am light to super tan this never fails to add the perfect amount of natural warmth to the skin. It’s 100% worth the splurge. I apply with a cream foundation brush or any blush brush.
- The best bronzing brushes I use are the Laura Mercier Blending Brush* (smaller one above) and her Bronzing Brush* (larger one shown below). They’re ultra soft and smooth.
- If you’re ultra fair and feel like every bronzer turns orange on you, I recommend looking into the Becca Sunlit Bronzer, Benefit Hoola Lite Matte Bronzer or one of the Armani Neo Nude Powders in a color 1-2 shades darker than your skin tone.
Fresh Glowing Lips
A good neutral but brightening lip color can work wonders on your complexion. I think anything with a peach or fresh pink under tone can make for a universally flattering shade on any skin color. A few of my favorites for fresh glowing neutrals:
- Bobbi Brown Crushed Liquid Lip Colors* are still in frequent rotation. I love mixing Lychee Baby and Peach and Quiet together for the perfect pinky peach lip.
- Bobbi Brown Extra Lip Tint is a nice alternative to the Dior Addict Lip Glow, Melon is the ultimate juicy summer vacation peach. It swatches sheer on the arm but on the lips it transforms to a bright melon.
- NARS Lip Gloss* has so many amazing color options with new shades out this spring. Outrage gives the perfect milky peach and Sexual Content is a fresh hot pink that screams vacation without being too bright.
- NARS Lusted Lip Tint Trio has three fresh neutral minis. Color is sheer in finish but glowing in the best way possible. It’s so good for the neutral lip lover and small enough to fit inside the tiniest of clutches.
- Chanel Rouge Coco Flash offers a nice fresh balmy shine in a stick. My favorites are Flash and Jour for that peachy glow.
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Pencil in Pillow Talk is my go-with-everything pencil. It helps extend wear of gloss and lipstick if I put this on my lips underneath and blend the edges.
Easy to Wear Neutral Eyeshadows
There are so many eyeshadow options on the market these days and while some of you are experts at doing that bronzed smokey eye, many of you are intimidated by the options and want to know what’s best for the beginner who wants just 1 to 3 products to start. I’ve rounded up a few I consider easy to wear staples. These are the eye makeup colors I always get compliments on when you see me on Instagram stories:
- Urban Decay Naked Reloaded has the prettiest mix of warm colors and neutral shades. It has everything you need for a complete eye look and is super easy to wear. Any of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes are great for beginners, I’d opt for either this one or Naked2 if you’re looking for something super versatile.
- Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in Golden Mink and Nude Dip are the quads I get the most questions about whether or not it’s worth the splurge. I think yes. Golden Mink has two shimmer neutrals and two sparkles which add a really lovely glow to the eyes. If you can’t feel like you can pull of glitters Nude Dip is the best easy to wear neutral-cool shimmer palette I’ve tried.
- Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Sticks* are worn every single week (almost daily) by me. I wear Rose Gold the most as an all over base. Some days I can just layer 3 for a complete effortless eye look. They’re creamy, easy to travel with, easy to blend and on me they stay put really well. My top most-worn shades are swatched below.
- Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerize Cream in Bette and Marie Antoinette are also easy one-and-done kinds of eyeshadows. I can apply either shade all over the lid, add a liner and have a simple no-makeup-makeup eye look with either. They’re emollient and blend nicely with the prettiest shimmer!
Wearing the Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Foundation in Buff, Armani Neo Nude Powder in 5.5 to set, Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base, Hourglass Luminous Bronze Light Bronzer, NARS Lusted Lip Tints in Escape Plan and Hot Memory mixed
My Go-To Makeup Bases
I feel like I could do an entire post about my favorite makeup bases and setting powders. When it comes to having glow on the cheeks, bronzer, eyeshadow or lips a lot of times it’s best to have a matte to semi matte looking base so your overall look isn’t too glowy. When I’m asked, “what’s the best foundation or powder to splurge on?” my answer really depends on your skin type and coverage preferences and also time of year. Still many of you want to know what I personally feel are the best options. Ones that never fail me:
- Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Foundation* and Concealer* both have the longest wear time for me even in Florida humidity. While nothing I’ve tried is truly sweat proof if you’re in humid climates, this pair is the best performing for me. I wear Buff 3N1 for the foundation and 3W for the concealer.
- Armani Luminous Silk Foundation is the best natural looking foundation with a luminous finish. It has medium coverage and always looks good on the skin. I like that it feels lightweight and isn’t heavy or greasy looking. You do need to set with a powder and if you have super oily skin you might want to opt for the Power Fabric formula instead.
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder is my holy grail setting and blurring powder. I use Shade #2. It’s the best at evening out the skin while still looking natural and flawless.
- La Mer Pressed Powder in Light or Medium are also in my top five most used powders. I’ve hit pan several times and it’s crazy expensive but I really love the natural finish. It’s amazing for touch ups too.
I hope you enjoyed this glowy makeup favorites roundup! I always get questions about what I recommend so I picked a little from each category to share today. I’d love to hear about your favorites for the complexion, eyes and cheeks!
Shop the post:
Many thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post. Press samples featured have a * next to them. As always all opinions are my own.