Earlier last month Tatcha launched new lip products in their Twilight Cherry Blossom Lip Contour Trio ($85) and it sold out almost immediately. If you missed out I have exciting news to share from Tatcha that the set and the individual items will be restocked today at 1:00 PM PST. The Cherry Blossom collection is exclusive online to Tatcha.com and per the team it’s going to be available only on their site. If you like natural fresh looking beauty I highly recommend you check the entire collection out. Tatcha calls this “a fresh take on nude lips” with a “universally flattering pink blush.” An FYI for this restock – the trio won’t have the purple makeup pouch as they wanted to bring the collection back as soon as they could.
A look at the collection which includes:
- TWILIGHT: A Cherry Blossom Contouring Lip Liner is my favorite piece of the collection, it’s an ultra creamy, full pigment perfect pink beige that glides on the lips
- TWILIGHT: A Cherry Blossom Silk Lipstick is a stunning soft petal pink, it has a glossy sheer to medium finish, it has a different formula that is lighter, sheerer and more glossy compared to their Plum Blossom and Kyoto Red
- CHERRY BLOSSOM Camellia Lip Balm is a sheer soft tinted pink balm, on my lips it’s pretty much clear with a smooth hydrating feel
Lip swatches, foundation worn is Tom Ford Waterproof Foundation and Concealer in Natural (out of all the bases I’ve tried I still think this is the best foundation I have). Setting powder used is the Armani Luminous Silk Powder Foundation in #4. I also re-swatched the now discontinued limited-edition Sunrise Plum Blossom to compare for you!
The Cherry Blossom Lip Balm is clear with a very soft sheen on my lips. The Lip Pencil pulls warmer and slightly beige on my skintone. The Lipstick is a neutral pink. Plum Blossom is a lot deeper, more pink and brighter.
All three lip items applied. I applied the balm first to prep the lips, then followed with the lipliner to line and fill and then topped with the lipstick. On the eyes and cheeks I’m wearing the Becca x Chrissy Teigan Glow Face Palette (which is pure love!). Dress is an older style from Rag and Bone, similar here, here and here. When I layer all three lip products in the Cherry Blossom Lip Trio I get a soft petal pink with a beige and slightly peachy sheen. Also I am in desperate need of a hair cut – in San Diego I used the same two stylists for nearly 10 years. I’m debating whether or not to wait until I go back to visit, although I suspect I’ll have to try someone new. If you have any Tampa hair salon recommendations let me know.
And because I know you girls love comparisons, I pulled a handful of neutrals to compare. I did find a couple shades that look similar but the gorgeous presentation, packaging and formulas from Tatcha just simply cannot be matched. First a look at Cherry Blossom vs Plum Blossom (previously reviewed here), I have an untouched backup because that shade was also limited-edition:
Lipstick comparison swatches to:
- Tom Ford Moisturecore Lip Color in Mustique (review here)
- MAC Cremesheen Pearl Lipstick in Peach Blossom
- MAC Lustre Lipstick in Patisserie
- MAC Liptensity Lipstick in Medium Rare (review here)
- Charlotte Tilbury KISSING Lipstick in Bitch Perfect (on the lips here)
- Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips in Liv It Up (on lips here)
- Tom Ford Lips and Boys in Douglas (review here)
- Tom Ford Lip Color in Spanish Pink
- Tom Ford Lip Color in Pink Dusk
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Peyote
- Edward Bess Defining Lip Liner in Barely (c/o)
- Bite Beauty The Lip Pencil in 010 and 020
- MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Staunchly Stylish
- MAC Lip Pencil in Boldly Bare and Dervish
- Hourglass Panoramic Long Wear Lip Liner in Eden
- MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in In Control
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk (review here)
- MAC Lip Pencil in Soar
Last month I saw Cherry Blossoms for the first time in NYC and the packaging of this collection matches the petal color perfectly!
I love all three – how can one resist the pretty pink tints and packaging? For the liner and lipstick there is no detectable scent. There is a very subtle scent in the lip balm but it’s barely detectable. If I had to pick one favorite it would be the lip pencil, although the other two are also very special. I’m dying for the pink lipstick packaging. Tatcha Lipsticks are made with the most exquisite details and have a gorgeous heavyweight feel. I know many women who hate paying a lot for lipstick but still think their Tatcha splurges were well worth every penny spent (myself included).
The Cherry Blossom Lip Contour Trio retails for $85. Individual items are expected to be listed online exclusively at Tatcha this afternoon. The collection is scheduled to restock today 5/15 at 1:00 PM PST. Have you tried these yet? If you were able to get them the first round what did you think?
Many thanks to Tatcha for sending the Cherry Blossom set for review.