For one day only Nordstrom is having their Mascara Event where you can buy two mascaras and get the third one free. If you add any three mascaras to your cart they will deduct the cost of the lowest priced option at checkout, no promo code required. Some exclusions apply: excludes lash primers, serums, enhancers and mascara sets. I’ve done many mascara round ups before but thought I’d do another of my current top high-end mascara picks. (On the nails in the top photo is Smith and Cult Forever Fades Fast.)
From left to right below:
- MAC Eyelash Curler ($22) not part of the promo, but my favorite lash curler of the moment
- Chantecaille Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara ($72) best for length and volume
- Tom Ford Waterproof Extreme ($45) best for volume, holding the curl and no smudging even in humid weather
- Sisley So Intense Fortifying Mascara ($67) favorite for defining and holding the curl, the tiny wand is one of the few that will actually get to the base of the lashes without touching the skin and also works on lower lashes for me
- Chanel Le Volume Waterproof ($32) always a classic (waterproof version is a must for me)
- Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara ($30) one of my favorite do-it-all mascaras, really does open the eyes!
- Stila Huge Lash Mascara (mini shown because I’ve run out of the full size, regular size runs at $23) one of the more affordable higher end mascaras that really does make the lashes look huge without clumping
Since I need long-wear or waterproof formulas I find the biggest challenge is removing them at the end of the day. Most bi-phase makeup removers will work but for me it takes quite a bit of soaking and removing with lots of repeat steps required. I’ve gone through a wide range of formulas and had a lot of favorites in the past but I feel like mascara formulas have been developed to be even more long lasting so many no longer work well.
What I use now includes the Lancome Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Makeup Remover and Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads Longwear and Waterproof Formula. Note, there are two options of pads, the green one with oil is the one I use thanks to reader recs! There is a liquid version which I have also tried and it’s not as good as the pads are (just my two cents). Also since these have an oily residue I will use a cleansing water after to wipe off eye makeup and mascara one more time to help make everything feel less greasy. I like the Bioderam Hydrabio H20 and Sephora Cotton Pads. Lancome’s Eau Fraîche Douceur Micellar Cleansing Water has also been a long-time favorite.
I’m doing this week’s giveaway in this post. One person will be selected to win a selection of Travel Goodies shown in the widget below including the Away Mini Travel Case in Pink, mini of Glossier You, mini Chanel Gabrielle, mini Chanel Le Volume Mascara, Glossier Mascara Full Size, Glossier Lip Gloss Full Size, Sephora Favorites On the Fly Set, mini Ouai Wave Spray, mini Oribe Gold Lust packet duo. Simply enter through the widget below and follow the instructions. Open internationally but you must be 18 years or older. Winner will be selected within 72 hours after giveaway ends. Prizes ship within a week. Not sponsored or affiliated.