I’ve been hauling some of the new lip shades from Marc Jacobs Beauty and have a roundup today of the neutrals that I’ve picked out over the past few months. New colors have been added to three of the formulas in the New Nudes Sheer Gel Lipstick, Le Marc Lip Creme and Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer Lipgloss and I’ve been thrilled to find a lot of great nudes. I’ve reviewed each formula in depth before but I’ll recap the differences on each and describe the shades below.
Described from left to right:
- New Nudes Sheer Gel Lipsticks ($30 each) come in magnetic beige tubes and are a gel formula. They’re described as being sheer nudes although in my experience the pigment isn’t really sheer but rather medium to full in coverage with a semi-thick texture. They do glide on nicely and hug the lips. Color-wise there is a wide range of nudes in the line. I like that there’s no detectable scent. Original review on older shades here.
- In the Mood is a light peach, I thought it would be too pale on my lips but it actually works well for a pretty light peachy lip.
- Screen Test is a Sephora.com exclusive, it’s a nude with slight pinkish tones.
- Dreamgirl is a medium beige nude neutral.
- Hey Stranger is a brown plum neutral.
- Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer Lipgloss ($28 each) are a high-shine glosses with a medium-sheer tint of color. All the colors previously reviewed and swatched here.
- Skin Deep is a neutral beige nude. This one has significantly more pigment than the other glosses. I quickly swatched a few of the new colors in store and a lot of them seem to have more pigment.
- Le Marc Lip Creme is a full coverage cream lipstick. They have rich pigment and cover the lip entirely without looking flat but they still have a semi velvety finish. There’s no detectable scent. Texture is smooth but due to the creme texture they don’t glide quite like the gel formula. Original launch reviewed here.
- Sonic Truth is a light neutral pink.
- No Angel is a medium light beige tan.
Swatches with the flash:
Without the flash, below you can see the difference in texture/finish a bit better. The gels have more of a natural sheen while the lip cremes have a more velvety finish.
Lip swatches on bare lips, I’m wearing the Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation in Natural 5. Do note that nudes tend to pull differently on my lips and this was the case with this launch. Screen Test pulled more pink on me and so did Hey Stranger.
Comparison swatches to the other lipsticks in the Marc Jacobs range:
- Moody Margot, Anais, Understudy and Eat Cake are the New Nudes Sheer Gel Lipstick formula
- Role Play and Georgie Girl are the Le Marc Lip Creme Formula
- Fawn Over Me is the Le Marc Liquid Lip Creme Formula
Overall some great additions to the Marc Jacobs Beauty lip range and well worth the splurge. I think the colors are all wearable and great for everyday. There is enough variety to suit different preferences for undertones in nude shades. I think every single shade is wearable for me with the exception of Sonic Truth which is a little pale for my tan right now but still wearable. Quick note – I didn’t pick up all the new colors so if you’re looking for darker/deeper options there are definitely more to choose from with the new launches.
Have you tried these colors yet? If not have you tried any others in the existing lineup?