The Barneys New York Love Yourself Event starts today March 8th and runs through March 12th (while supplies last). This is one of the best gift with purchase events for beauty that I’ve shopped over the years. It usually only happens twice a year for Barneys and with any $200+ order in beauty or grooming (cosmetics, skincare, fragrance, men’s or women’s) you get a complimentary gift bag filled with selected Barneys favorites. There are two gift bag options, one for men and one for women – the sampling selection is top notch. I always find great minis to try out and some favorites I like to keep for when I travel. Today I’ve teamed up with Barneys to share the women’s gift along with a selection of some luxury favorites in case you’re in need of recommendations or ideas. The event happens in store and also online – over the past several years I’ve ordered through both methods which have worked equally well. I do recommend you put together your lists and order sooner than later as the gifts usually do run out every year.
Here’s a list of the contents of the women’s gift which comes in a zip cosmetic case. Contents per bag may have a few variations for scent options or colors (as indicated below):
- Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara 2 ml
- 3LAB M Cream Ultimate Lift 6 ml
- Chantecaille Mini Brilliant Gloss 1.5 ml (assorted colors, Lucky shown above)
- Costume National Parfum in Soul 1.5 ml
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye 3 ml
- Malin + Goetz Geranium Face Cleanser 15 ml
- Moroccanoil Fragrance Originale Body Souffle 20 ml
- Oribe Supershine Moisture Cream 15 ml
- R & Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo 75 ml/1.6 oz
- REN Keep Young and Beautiful Beauty Shot 3 ml
- Ritual Wai Wang Body Scrub 70 ml
- Bellatora Cellular Renewal Cream 12 ml
- Tatcha Deep Brightening Serum 10 ml
- Givenchy Phenomen Eye or Mini Le Rouge 1.5 g
- La Mer New Lifting Eye Serum 3 ml
- NARS Audacious Mascara mini 3 ml
- Byredo Mojave Ghost mini 2 ml
- Maison Martin Margiela mini spray 1.2 ml (assorted options Sunday Morning or Beach Walk)
- Rene Furterer Hair Care (assorted options)
- Raw Spirit mini 1 ml (assorted Desert Blush or Summer Rain)
- Verso Reviving Eye Mask packet
The men’s grooming bag (not shown) contains:
- Ulrich Lang NY Fragrance – Lightscape and Nightscape mix 50 ml
- Byredo Sunday Cologne 1 ml
- Rituals for Men Magic Shave cream 70 ml
- Kieh’s Facial Fuel Heavy Lift Moist 7ml DLX
- La Mer Eye Concentrate
- Chantecaille Magnolia healing emulsion 8ml
- Malin + Goetz Grapefruit Face cleanser
- Aesop Mouthwash
- Harry’s 4oz Aftershave Moisturizer
- 3LAB M Cream 6 ml
- Tatcha Deep Brightening serum
- Raw Spirit Assorted: Winter Oak or Citadelle
- Verso Reviving Eye Mask
- Illuminum Assorted: Tahitian Yuzu Vaporizor, Vetiver OUD, Bergamot Blossom Vaporizor, Phool, Rajamusk Vaporizor, or Hindi OUD, 1.5 ml each
- Tizian Terenzi Assorted: White Fire or Ecstasy
- Sisley Botanical D-Tox 2ml
- Bellatorra Cellular Renewal Cream 12 ml
- Marital Vivot Shampoo
I’ve rounded up ten luxury items in cosmetics and fragrance featuring some brands almost never go on sale. These kinds of events are the best time to splurge on things like Diptyque, Byredo or even on luxury skincare.
Some of my favorites and a few new recent discoveries featured above:
- Frederic Malle Carnal Flower ($74 to $380) is one of my most favorite perfumes of all time. There are several different sizes that you can purchase. The travel sprays come individually for most fragrances or in a set of 3. The set or full size bottles are a better buy price per oz wise but if you just want to try one and see how it wears, I think buying the individual ones are the best way to go. It’s the best tuberose I’ve tried.
- Le Labo Travel Trios in Santal 33 ($145 for ml) is my latest perfume splurge. I ordered mine last week because I could not wait for the event. Again I decided to go the travel size route (I’m splitting this one with a friend for her to try one). So far I’m obsessed. It has a mix of sandalwood, virginia cedar, cardamom, violet, papyrus, spices, leather, musk and amber.
- Byredo La Selection Perfume Set ($145) this is a discovery set that has an assortment of 6 Byredo scents including Bal D’Afrique, Blanche, La Tulip, Black Saffron, Gypsy Water, Oud Immortel, I’ve had mine since the holiday and love it as a way to explore a number of fragrances without having to splurge on the full size bottle (my favorites are Bal D’Afrique and Black Saffron).
- The Laundress Detergent x Le Labo Signature Detergent in Rose ($45, also in Santal) is something I discovered through one of my readers via Instagram, I’ve since purchased and tried both, I prefer the Rose because I think the scent is stronger and more noticeable. It’s a soft sweet rose that I’m obsessed with for washing bed sheets. It’s noticeable but still soft enough that it won’t keep you awake at night.
- Diptyque Baies Mini Candle ($32) is a classic, if you’re unsure about buying the full size the travel mini is a good way to ease into the brand.
- Byredo Hand Cream in Gypsy Water ($35, also available in Flowerhead, Blanche, La Tulipe and Bal D’Afrique) is as luxurious as hand creams get.
- NARS Lip Gloss in Chelsea Girls ($26) is one of my most reached-for peachy nudes these days. I’ll repost a swatch of it below for reference.
- Lipstick Queen Seven Deadly Sins in Indolence ($24) is a pretty sheer to medium classic rose pink gloss. It has no detectable scent and has a nice natural healthy color to it.
- Surratt Beauty Prismatique Lips in Lili Doree ($36) gives the lips the prettiest wash of shimmer, it’s a peachy shade that makes for a very youthful luminous glow.
- Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powders ($38 each) are some of the prettiest powder highlighters I’ve tried. I think all four shades are winners but I’ve been reaching for Brilliant the most.
- By Terry Baume de Rose in Coral Stellar and Mauve Moon (not shown above) are two of the latest tinted lip balm launches from By Terry. The colors are to die for gorgeous and if you were looking to shop these but didn’t want to splurge, the Barneys gift event might be a good time to buy because you get goodies for splurging.
Lip swatches of Surratt Beauty Prismatique Lips in Lili Doree, Lipstick Queen Seven Deadly Sins in Indolence and NARS Lip Gloss in Chelsea Girls:
Swatches of all four Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powders:
You can find the Love Yourself gift with purchase online and in stores at Barneys New York now through March 12 while supplies last. I recommend ordering soon if you have your eye on anything. The gift bag should be added to your cart automatically as soon as the contents total $200 in beauty (men’s or women’s). Are you ordering anything yet for this event? If you do – please let me know! Would love to hear about what you hauled!
This post was created in partnership with Barneys New York. More information in my disclosures but as always all opinions my own.