Beauty Storage Ideas for Minis | Diptyque Recycled

I’ve been trying to find a new way to store my mini perfumes and samples. I had been putting them all into a small Jo Malone box but this made it difficult to see what was inside after items started to stack up. I had seen a few pretty small round glass bowls on Pinterest to store them but all the ones I found for sale online were either too shallow or too large in circumference for my needs. I had been storing my longer roller perfumes in Diptyque jars already and it just hit me that I could also use the jars for the mini samples as well.

The minis and samples I’ve been accumulating for a while and three empty Diptyque candles in Noisetier (my new favorite, hazelnut), Musc and FiguierSilver lacquered rectangle tray shown below is from West Elm.

The emptied and cleaned candle jars:

Minis inside the candle jars:

Previous articles and posts I’ve written that you may find helpful for how-to’s or storage and decor ideas with Diptyque candles:

How do you currently store your mini perfumes or skincare samples so you can find them easily?

Comments

1. March 8, 2014 / 2:38 pm

So elegant! I have a shallow little dish that I just lay my perfume samples in, which works, but isn't quite as pretty

2. March 8, 2014 / 2:53 pm

Great idea!! I currently have them in a pretty box but I forget to use them! If I had them like this I would see them. Sounds like a perfect excuse for me to buy some candles hahaha!

March 8, 2014 / 3:00 pm

Might look chic, but this is one of the worst ways to store fragrance. Many fragrance chemicals are quite sensitive to light and detoriate quickly. The dark box would have been preferable.

4. March 8, 2014 / 3:09 pm

I do this with my Bath & Body Works candle holders. I use them to store my lipsticks. It's such an easy and classy way to display makeup.

Connie | Sponsored by Coffee

5. Kristina
    March 8, 2014 / 3:11 pm

This is a an absolutely great idea! I can't remember to use my mini items b/c they're never in view!! Thanks so much!

6. March 8, 2014 / 6:17 pm

So beautiful, as always!

I use my mini Diptyque candles as jewelry holders- I get up before the sunrise, so I try to be organized the night before. I find the minis are the perfect places to hold studs, rings, etc.

I have all of my perfume samples in old Glossyboxes, and have my minis in my medicine cabinet with my full-size perfumes. Clearly I don't live in an earthquake-prone area.

7. March 8, 2014 / 7:12 pm

I have so many samples that I never use because they are tucked away into drawers and I forget about them. This is a great idea because you can actually see then, thanks for the suggestion 🙂
    emmasbeginning.blogspot.com

8. March 8, 2014 / 7:20 pm

This looks nice and is well organised. I haven't yet come up with an idea for my samples, they just lay in my bathroom drawer. xx

lashesandblushes

9. March 8, 2014 / 10:11 pm

I have soooo many samples in my bathroom drawer and I always forget what I have. This is a great idea!

xx Alyson

10. March 9, 2014 / 12:38 am

I put my perfume vials in empty Bath and body works candle jars. It's similar to your idea, but I don't have any Dyptique ones yet.

11. March 9, 2014 / 2:24 am

This is a great idea, they look lovely with the light coming through!

12. March 9, 2014 / 3:20 am

Great idea! This looks so pretty… is practical… and chic decor. 🙂 I just store my samples right along with what I use on a regular basis. I don't like to keep them separate, because I like to use them up!

13. March 9, 2014 / 3:21 am

I use sake cups to store my perfume minis!

14. March 19, 2014 / 7:41 pm

i love this idea! I have little drawers in an ikea helmer with all the skincare and perfume samples. Too many, ugh, but i totally love this idea to keep things more visible