Tom Ford Trophy Wife Nail Lacquer Comparisons

Tom Ford Trophy Wife Nail Lacquer ($32 for holiday) was last featured a few weeks ago here. I finally pulled some colors to compare and was surprised to find that I didn’t have many dark pink-red shimmers. Below left to right: YSL Rose Baby Doll (swatched here), Chanel Rouge Carat (swatched here), Chanel Tentation (reviewed here) and OPI Pretty and Privileged.

Due to the shimmer and neon quality of the pinks in these colors I found it a bit difficult to photograph accurately. I found Tom Ford Trophy Wife to be most similar to Chanel Rouge Carat. The difference is very slight from arm’s length. The Tom Ford is more pink. Chanel is more red and more frosted.

In sunlight

Under artificial light

Hope this helps!

Comments

1. November 25, 2013 / 4:38 pm

That's a great comparison of some goooorrrgeous magenta/reds 🙂

2. Kristina
    November 25, 2013 / 6:45 pm

I've been trying to avoid ordering TF Trophy Wife ….I have Rouge Carat so maybe I'll be good and pass this time….These are very helpful comparisons, thank you!

November 26, 2013 / 2:03 am

Nice polish, but what an offensive name. I couldn't buy it for that reason.

4. November 26, 2013 / 7:51 am

Great comparisons. I prefer the Tom ford one. I like the color for its not too dark nor too light. Perfect for any occasion. wearing this nail color will def make anyone look sexy.

November 26, 2013 / 10:21 pm

Thank you for this post! I have trophy wife by TF, but not really sure if I keep it. It's a beautiful color, but does not work with my skintone perfectly. I really liked ysl polish. I need to check that one out.

6. November 27, 2013 / 12:23 pm

Tom Ford is just so amazing but in your pictures I liked Chanel Tentation the most. Lovely color though..

7. June 3, 2014 / 3:24 pm