OPI – A Butterfly Moment

Mariah Carey and OPI have partnered to release some beautiful shades this month. As soon as I spotted A Butterfly Moment on DSK Steph, I knew I had to have it. I literally ran to my local Ulta and was ecstatic to find all shades available. A Butterfly Moment is a frosted nude-pink shimmer. On me it’s fairly nude in the sense that it’s close to my natural skintone. I found it a bit too neutral for me – although I suspect it would look a lot prettier on either paler or darker skintones. Still it’s a good work-friendly neutral and the pearly pink shade is just so pretty in the bottle. I found the formula to be a little on the thick side – I recommend you let your first coat dry completely before applying a second. Two coats were definitely needed for smooth even coverage.

Swatches – depending on the light you can see some of the golden glow:

A few comparisons to Chanel Perle Rosee (discontinued), Chanel Rose Cache, Chanel Rose de Vents (discontinued) and OPI Gouda Gouda Two Shoes:

Did you pick up any of the OPI Mariah Carey shades? I already can’t wait for the Oz collection to be released in stores 🙂

Comments

1. January 18, 2013 / 5:55 am

Beautiful shade, Sabrina! I almost look like the Chanel's. I love OPI's texture, they are very easy to work with.

2. January 18, 2013 / 6:13 am

The blush pink is so pretty, I love how the color shows in the third photo.

3. January 18, 2013 / 6:17 am

I love this colour! This is the only polish from this collection I've gotten so far!

4. January 18, 2013 / 10:15 am

I didn't see this shade being available on my last trip to Ulta. All I saw were the liquid sand ones. Swatches from other blogs show A Butterfly Moment to be less pink and more nude. It wasn't until I saw your Instagram photo that my interest was piqued. The gold sheen with the pink coloring reminds me of an eye shadow shade that I really love. As a result, I immediately ordered a bottle online.

I was debating on whether to get any of the liquid sand polishes or not. The reddish black Stay the Night is edgy and reminds me of the vampy blackened red color theme from Chanel Holiday 2012 collection. However, the texture of the polish is just not my style, so I'll just stick with A Butterfly Moment for this collection.

The Oz collection looks beautiful. I look forward to both the solid colors and glitter ones.

5. January 18, 2013 / 10:16 am

I love the satiny glow – I need to give this polish a second look because it's so pretty and understated!

6. January 18, 2013 / 12:10 pm

Pretty color but I'm actually liking Gouda Gouda Two Shoes a lot. 🙂

7. January 18, 2013 / 12:19 pm

Loving this color, its perfect for my skin tone and the shimmer makes it just a more than a nude polish

8. January 18, 2013 / 2:16 pm

Could you do a favorite nail polishes of 2012 post? Love your blog

9. Candice
    January 18, 2013 / 5:14 pm

This is a beautiful color! It almost looks like Chanel's Perle Rose. =)

10. January 19, 2013 / 10:52 am

I couldn't believe how much I loved the shades in the Mariah Carey collection. It really surprised me. I think this one is my favorite. But then Rose Cache' is my favorite Chanel, too.

January 19, 2013 / 1:20 pm

hi!!! my most favorite nail polish of all times was chanel's rose camilia. i remember it came in a special white box with a camilia imprinted on it. it was a pale pink but had sparkles. and, of course, it was limited edition!!! i was hoping this was similiar. xo wendy.

12. January 19, 2013 / 2:21 pm

Of all your comparisons, I like the non-frosted polishes better – the Chanel Rose Cache and the OPI Gouda Gouda Two Shoes – in fact, that one is my favorite! Unfortunately, I've been getting Gelish manicures lately – which I love – but they don't have a wide range of colors – or maybe it's my manicurist. I'm thinking of buying my own…

13. January 21, 2013 / 2:56 am

Is this a little bit metallic? It's so beautiful!!
    BTW it also reminds me the OPI Gouda Gouda Two Shoes.

14. January 21, 2013 / 10:14 am

Chanel Rose Cache and OPI Gouda Gouda Two Shoes are actually the ones that have caught my eye in this post–especially the Chanel. It's SUCH a perfect, delicate nude-pink!

15. January 24, 2013 / 5:32 am

I picked this one, pink yet lavender and the Liquid sand (can't let go). I think this color is just perfect for most skintones 🙂

16. January 25, 2013 / 1:55 am

I love OPI A Butterfly Moment and the Chanel Perle Rosee – similar finish and shades but I think the OPI one is a touch warmer. So lovely with any skin tone and goes with any outfit!