Holiday Haulings from The Primping Parleur

Just wanted to remind all my readers that you can still get 20% off your online order from The Primping Parleur until the end of the month! Just enter the code BEAUTYLOOKBOOKBLOG at the checkout. Check out my original post HERE for more details and information.

Anyone who already ordered, what did you end up getting with the promotional code? I’d love to hear what you bought! I got quite a few presents for my girlfriends – they are all packed up and wrapped right now, but for myself, I got:

• Paul & Joe Eyeshadow Harvest Moon 95 (waves to Joeybunny for convincing me!)
  • Becca Lip Tints Yasmina (nude-mauve on the left) & Estella (warm but pale nude on the right)
  • Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Candlelight

P&J Harvest Moon 95 Eyeshadow is a neutral plum-nude with shimmer. I think it will make a good natural contouring shade. The Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight Shimmer Powder is a soft champagne shimmer powder that gives a nice candlelight-like-glow, I used this on my eyes all over the lid which gave a nice glowy effect, but the color just didn’t seem all that unique. The Becca Lip Tints are both sheer but very wearable nudes for my pigmented lips. I think I need to try more of these.

Comments

1. December 23, 2009 / 12:42 am

Aww I always get so flattered whenever you mention me! *blushes* I'm glad you like the eyeshadow =) it really is such a gorgeous color.

2. December 23, 2009 / 3:30 am

I hauled a bunch of Paul & Joe cosmetics – Thanks so much for the code! You're awesome! 2 nail enamels, 2 lip lacquers, a face mist, a shimmer powder, and a face blotting tissue set + free P&J makeup bag!

3. December 23, 2009 / 4:13 am

lovely shade of the P&J eyeshadow! it looks gorgeous on its own.

4. Connie
    December 23, 2009 / 4:58 am

I love Yasmina!

Have you had any problems with Becca lip tints? 2 of the ones I rec'd from Primping Parleur have white specks all over them…it's as if it's growing mold. lol
    And I'm having trouble getting a hold of someone there which is strange.

5. December 23, 2009 / 5:15 am

Wow, lovely haul! I have yet to pull the trigger on anything myself… but the month's not over yet!

6. December 24, 2009 / 3:05 am

Hi Joey – love your profile picture!

Meilily – which shimmer powder did you get? Was it one of the holiday ones?

Connie – funny you should mention this, my Gisella had funny bumps all over it, I didn't contact them b/c it was over the return period. I'm not sure if it's ok to use. Did you email their Customer Service? They might have different hours b/c of the holiday. Email me if you have an update (use the contact at the sidebar).

Catherine – Your nail art is phenomenal!!!!