More Paul & Joe Lip Lacquers & Nail Polishes

Another package arrived from Bergdorfs from Paul & Joe with the new holiday catalog and a swatch card from the Paul & Joe counter of a few lacquers and nail polishes.

I got the nail enamels in #1 Secret of Gold, #3 Lampshade, #4 Provence and #20 Manhattan. I haven’t been able to swatch these, because I just got a manicure. From looking at them in the bottles, I have a feeling these will be on the sheer side which will require at least 3 coats. But at least they are pretty to look at!

Here are the lip lacquers lined up (except for #9 and #10 which I didn’t get), several views:

To reiterate from yesterday’s post, I think I found my new holy grail tube glosses. The pigment is medium – better than MAC Lipgelees (which I found too slick/sheer) and not as highly-fragranced like Lancome Juicy Tubes. If you remember back in the day when Armani had the tube glosses, the Paul & Joe are similar to the Armani with a bit more pigment and not quite as sticky, but still thick enough to feel on the lips. They have a pretty glossy finish.

Swatch card of a few nail polishes and the 2 lip lacquers I didn’t get (thanks Caroline!):

Comments

1. October 24, 2009 / 1:07 am

wow the lip lacquers look great. really milky and smooth. What's the texture like when you're wearing them? They look a bit liek the MAC lipgleees with the smooth texture (not the glitterbomb ones!)

2. October 24, 2009 / 1:11 am

Hi Em! I'll update this post with the info from yesterday's post but I really love these! I think they are my new holy grail tube glosses. The pigment is medium – better than MAC Lipgelees (which I found too slick/sheer) and not as highly-fragranced like Lancome Juicy Tubes.

3. October 24, 2009 / 4:16 am

I feel a little silly for recognizing the handwriting on that swatch card =D #4 and #7 – I might need these (your swatch of #7 only further inflamed my huge lemming for it)! Even #8! I wear #10 all the time =)

4. October 24, 2009 / 5:09 am

Ooooh, those are so pretty! I am gonna have to cave on a P&J nailpolish sometime. The bottles are just gorgeous! Those glosses are very pretty too!

5. October 24, 2009 / 11:33 pm

Caroline is the best =)

Loving the lip lacquers. Although I haven't used them enough recently.

6. October 26, 2009 / 9:13 am

Thanks Lina, they look fabulous 😀

7. December 8, 2009 / 5:39 pm

Okay…what's your top 1 or 2 lip lacquer colors?? I need to narrow it down! I'm sort of torn between #1 and #5… Thoughts?